Legend of Zelda; Twilight Princess

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I never beat this game when I first bought it, leaving myself somewhere in the Goron mines before getting to the boss. Today, for some reason, I felt like picking it up again and started going through it again, remembering how much fun it really was.

I finally got the bow and then I got the bombs so I can make bomb arrows, and if you ask Danny [my girlfriend for you "living under a rock" types] she'll tell you I went on and on for about five minutes how much I loved the idea of bomb arrows...

So now I'm on to the third Fused Shadow...

Who's played this? Who's beaten? How much trouble is in my immediate future? The end can't be right after this third shadow, can it? I've only invested maybe 13 hours into the game... I heard people putting in like 30 to 40 hours...

DM Cross

Reaction score
How far is the last area after the Goron Mines?

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I beat the game, and it did take quite a while, as the dungeons got longer the further you got into it. I personally found the bosses to be very easy in comparison to the dungeons.

I believe that you still have quite a few dungeons to go through. I remember playing several after the Goron Mines.

Did anyone else find the Wolf form to be more fun than Link's? I always loved being able to run fast (I love Wolves as well). :p

DM Cross

Reaction score
I love the Wolf version of Link. Not only is it fun to run around as a Wolf, but I love the "Sense" power, and his attacks. That, and the Wolf form looks awesome ^.^

I'm glad to hear I didn't blow through the game. How many more toys do I have to collect? I'm enjoying the bow quite a bit... The Wii has a Bow Training game, doesn't it? Sounds like that could be interesting.

KillerChi

Reaction score
I love Wolf Form, the Goron Mines aren't even like 10% through I think.
I agree, bosses aren't as hard as everything else, it's the type of game, you should avoid Strategy Guides.

DM Cross

Reaction score
I actually did need to look up how to defeat the Twilit Goron Chief.

I figured out that you had to shoot him in the head and then you had to do something with the chains, but I thought you were supposed to drag the chains in front of his feet to trip him. I had no idea you were supposed to use the heavy boots to pull the chains back to trip him.

The mini boss was a pain in the ass, too. I couldn't seem to swipe at him, put my sword away and then grab him all fast enough for him not to roll over me. Then, I was having trouble angling myself in the right spot to toss him over the edge. I just kept tossing him toward the edge of the little battlefield, but not over it.

DM Cross

Reaction score
It wasn't that he was hard, I just didn't think about the boots. Most of these games tend to use the new weapon against the boss, which was the bow. I knew the bow part, just not the boots. Though, I guess it should have been more obvious. You needed the boots for most of the dungeon and the mini-boss you had to beat to GET the bow.

Again. He wasn't hard, I just didn't think about it that way.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
I beat the game maybe three days after starting it. This was back when I had no life so I had all day to play it.

I love the end though. Ganon gets fucked up. There is a trick in the last fight you can do. When fighing Ganon in the end, pull out your fishing rod and use it. Trust me.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Fishing rod... Not sure how to take that one o_O

So I'm in the Lakebed Temple and have virtually NO Rupees, and no underwater bombs... Which I need, correct? What's an easy way to get Rupees?

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
bosses are way too easy :<

I think I played 48 hours in total... about 40-42 I beat ganon.

Fishing sucks.

I loved riding epona. Just feels awesome. And combat wile riding is also really good. Too bad there are only like 3-4 riding battles. Shooting with the bow wile riding... all so awesome.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.