AoS Legends of the Fallen

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Legends of the Fallen
Created by 1)ragon3dge​
Download: Legends of the Fallen v1.1
Premise: Well, yes. This map is an AoS, and I know for many this tends to turn us away from the map itself. This map is also a continuation of Era of Bloodshed for those that do know my old map. This is just the continually updated version of it. The premise of the map is a 4v4v4 AoS map within the heart of Northrend. You can choose from up to 60 heroes, each well triggered (or I personally think so) and well thought out to synchchronize with the spells they have.
Terrain Overview:
MapPic.jpg

Features: As said previous the map contains 60 custom heroes, each designed to be fun to play. The gameplay itself is also hopefully quite enjoyable. For the gameplay itself the following are some features within the map:

• General
: Each team is to have a general, and generals are to be chosen by volunteering. Each player can volunteer, and if a team is unhappy with their general they can vote to impeach them. Generals hold the power to control creep spawns within lanes. When volunteering as general you are granted control of your factions creep producing structures. Each structure has 3 different tiers, a weak, moderate, and strong creep. There are melee, ranged, and spellcaster structures for each team, and can be upgraded accordingly, with up to 3 of each occupying any one lane.

Melee:
Melee.jpg
Ranged:
Ranged.jpg
Spellcaster:
Spellcaster.jpg
  • Goldmines
: There are also goldmines scattered across the map, each of which grants the team 15 additional income and an additional gold/s for each that is controlled.​
  • Income
: Income is the money the general uses to produce creeps within lanes. Each tier *and the number of units spawned within that tier* all cost different amounts of income for the team. As long as the income is high enough to hire the creeps, creeps will spawn. If you don't have enough income, creeps will be sacrificed until you do.​
  • Towers
: Within each lane are also towers that players can assault in order to further their control over the lane.​
  • Blood
: Players also gain blood from killing enemy units. Blood can be used to hire heavy units as backup within lanes to help push lanes, or to help defend lanes.​
Heroes: Obviously... I can't show you all of the heroes... There are 60 of them and I'm pretty sure the thread can't tolerate that much but, I can show a few to give a general idea of what is in store.
  • Glacial Apparition
: After a millennium of wandering the frozen tundra, Kali'naj found a contender for his survival. Giving this young man a cursed sword, embedded with the undying vengeance of a thousand souls, he quickly began tutoring him in the ways of the arctic. He soon sent him off to take his revenge and claim what was rightfully his, so this arctic being could then begin the spread of a new order, his new order.
Frost Nova: Blasts enemy units around a target enemy unit with a wave of damaging frost that slows movement and attack rate.​
Glacial Imprisonment: Conjures a wall of ice, surrounding the target unit, immobilizing them temporarily. While the unit is immobilized, they can still use spells.
Imprison.jpg
Glacial Ward: Gives a chance that, upon being attacked, the hero will release an explosive nova of ice upon the attacking unit, slowing it and dealing a small amount of damage.​
Glacial Eclipse: The Glacial Apparition conjures the most destructive of the glacial spells. Pillars of pure ice shape around the target point. The units are then enthralled by a barrage of ice, inflicting damage with every wave of ice and slowing units within the imprisonment. Lasts 5 seconds.
Eclipse.jpg
  • Arbor Herald
: Born of the earth itself, Feralas is the son of the goddess of the Earth herself. Unknown to many as a son to such a supreme being, Feralas' presence on Earth was misguided. Feralas began his training at a very young age, becoming a master in the earthly arts. As his mother trained him through the years, his undying hatred for those who corrupt the wondrous soils of the Earth grew further and further. This is how he came to the decision of fighting alongside the Stormpike, to vanquish those who have tarnished the beauty of this once great planet.
Terradar Seeds: Ferelas' mastery over the natural world is second to none. Ferelas conjures a seed from the depths of the earth, which latches on to an enemy, immobilizing temporarily. Furthermore, the seeds split and jump to nearby enemies, immobilizing them as well.
Terradar.jpg
Earthly Barrier: Ferelas creates a large vine wall at the target location, which entangles enemies as they go near it.
Barrier.jpg
Tranquil Thoughts: Ferelas' calmness spreads out to his fellow allies, increasing their mana points.​
Guardian of the Earth: Ferelas' power grows to his extreme, invoking the blessing of the natural world upon himself. Ferelas entangles every enemy entering or in an 600 AoE radius, dealing initial damage and damage per second. Feralas must channel this spell for 7 seconds.
GuardianoftheEarth.jpg
Updates:
Version 1.1:
  • Decreased the cost on Lightning Greaves
  • Improved Infernal Guantlets
  • Fixed Glitch with random "$" in the middle of the map
  • Made Gold Mines easier to capture (when they belong to neutral hostile)
  • Fixed problem with purchasing Peasants
  • Made center teleports more visible

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Ok! Some feedback :)
The only hero I played was Admiral, so my feedback may not be accurate.
First, a comment of the gameplay in general. I like it. The three lane style may not be unique but I like the income, generals, goldmines, encampment and those other special features. They are rather entertaining and unique, good job on those! However, I did realise that its extremely difficult to destroy any goldmines if your hero is the only one attacking. Are you supposed to lure enemy creeps to it and last hit? The towers seem to pawn the goldmine rather easily though. There are some bugs I realised but that'll come later.

Next, I shall comment on the heroes. The hero I played- Admiral- was not really the best in standard. Mainly because Admiral's Vitality doesn't really fit and Hamtring is not my favourite skill :S
Firstly, Admiral's Vitality doesn't really help Admiral become a more powerful "Heavy-Offense" hero. Even though it greatly increases health regeneration, I find it rather useless as Admiral (supposedly) is meant for killing heroes in seconds.
Then it would make more sense if you gave him some form of attack speed/attack damage ability. Maybe an ability that splashes his damage to those around the target unit and the target unit. I dunno if that's possible but that would be good (amplify the critical damage 0_0).
Also, he gains some Critical Strike ability in his command box with "Tooltips missing". I reccommend you fix that, use a disabled spellbook. A good tutorial about it would be this one. Scroll down to the part about Disabled Spellbooks.
Now, I don't really have any suggestion for Hamtring but you might want to change it to some other skill that slows them and maybe stun them at the end of the duration.

Now, a few comments about the items. Two items, actually. Infernal Gauntlets and Lightning Greaves seem to be rather weak items. They only provide small bonuses (Infernal Gauntlets, Lightning Greaves provide better bonuses but is still to expensive) yet cost quite a bit. Maybe you could make them combine into one item without needing to combine into two so it would be cheaper and more practical (its stupid to spend 1300 for a 10% attack speed aura). Also decrease the recipe cost for the combined item (forgot the name)

Some random stuff:
Floating Text showing $ and stuff often appears at where the legendary crafter is. I think its something to do with Locations, probably an invalid one.
Next, I think you should make those portal things more visible. I thought they were decorations and didn't even bother with them XD. I might be noob though :)
Finally, the creeps run away when being attacked by the invulnerable tower. I think that could be fixed by changing "Can Flee" to false. That would probably solve the problem :D

Overall though, this map is good. Please do continue on developing this and it will probably be wonderful! +rep for the great map

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Link updated... Anymore feedback :)? Ty for the feedback earlier btw. Was very helpful :).

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.