Legends

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Spell names sound familiar :p

Anyway, will there be some kind of chain to pull the target to you for Deceive? That would look great :D

For the last missing skill, probably something that needs you to get in range. Maybe something like:
Dark Step- Gains up to x seconds of invisibility and moves towards the target. Does bonus damage when you attack the target. Each second in invisibility reduces the bonus damage.

or

True Shadow- Creates a shadow of the hero on the opposite end of the enemy. Both the hero and the shadow attacks the target at the same time, dealing damage based on his attack damage. Fears the target if the shadow attacks from the front.

Image appears where Netherstrike would teleport SB. Synergises with Killer Instinct to allow you to fear and thrash some face.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
So I sent the map to iPeez for some terraining since i;m kinda busy right now.

EDIT:

And I think it was a good decision since he's doing awesome so far!

2ronvww.png

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
If you could upload the map onto your post, I'll download it for review.

13lade619

Reaction score
L_smallercopy.png

6/6/10 Akama the Darkslayer finally shows himself in the new battlefield.

Download Here : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?emvnzhwhgmy
*cant upload here because of the limit. sorry.

*Test version for testing new systems and the 8(!) new heroes. Not multiplayer ready yet, made only to gather your comments and criticism. Thanks for downloading!.

Changelog 6.4.10
Code:
New Hero : Darkslayer

Fixes (Bugs on Darkslayer)
Grim Reap + Scythes checking error.
Fixed Shuriken damage bug.

Misc
Terraining by iPeez

Heroes
Shadow Ranger
- Increased Hitpoints.
Pirate
- Increased Hitpoints.
Iron Maiden
- Decreased Hitpoints.

Fixes
Height bug on Lich's Chain skills
Damage bug on Refir's Hammer

Issues:
*Bug on Lich still unconfirmed/unfixed.

Future:
Will finish up coding victory conditions.

Test Extras (to be removed)
*Saved in debug mode to catch messages.
*Not Multiplayer ready. (you cant win yet)
*Hostile heroes scattered on map.
*Level Cheat : Up/Down Arrow Keys.

Comments really needed! Thanks.

Bonus!

New Hero Sneak Peek:
The Witch King, Magnus.

magnus.gif

*Dont bash me i didnt steal the invoker skin from DotA. This skin was purely made by me.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Cool new hero! I really like his ability to assasinate things :D

Anyway, I'm not sure if its a glitch or something, but Tainted Shuriken gives me some lag when it ends, do you flush loads of structs or something?
Plus, I'm not very sure if his Scythes skill is supposed to apply Grim Reaper when the hero does not have the skill active?

I think you forgot to mention that the Shuriken has an Atk ratio. It seems to do more damage than stated in the tooltip.

Any chance of giving some of his skills an SP ration? It would be nice to see an SP assassin.

EDIT: Just noticed something. I don't like how his Scythes keep giving me weird messages telling me that I can't target there. Its kinda irritating since the terrain is really detailed (I think doodads and cliff levels obstruct casting of Shockwave/whatever spell you based it off).

13lade619

Reaction score
<Uploading fix now.. thanks>

Anyway, I'm not sure if its a glitch or something, but Tainted Shuriken gives me some lag when it ends, do you flush loads of structs or something?
i havent experience any fps drop. just checked now...

Plus, I'm not very sure if his Scythes skill is supposed to apply Grim Reaper when the hero does not have the skill active?
it was a typo on coding, i was checking for lvl for ability level where i shoulve checked for buff level. Fixed.

I think you forgot to mention that the Shuriken has an Atk ratio. It seems to do more damage than stated in the tooltip.
i typo'd again on the numbers on the code :p. its flat damage. Fixed.
(because it would bounce multiple times on 1v1, it would amplify)

Any chance of giving some of his skills an SP ration? It would be nice to see an SP assassin.
the plan was a skill based build and a pure dps build.

EDIT: Just noticed something. I don't like how his Scythes keep giving me weird messages telling me that I can't target there. Its kinda irritating since the terrain is really detailed (I think doodads and cliff levels obstruct casting of Shockwave/whatever spell you based it off).
idk if i could fix that in a hurry. i'll look into it.

Earlenlajnen

Reaction score
The new hero is pretty neat.
But I found a bug with Killing Intent.

Sometimes it teleports me to corpses.
(How does that work? Did I accidentally order my Darkslayer to mercilessly stab the corpse? :confused:)
One time it teleported me across the whole map! From the small neutral camp with the ghost to the neutral Lich in the middle of the map!

I died twice because of this. That made me pretty sad.

But I'm really looking forward to the new hero. Do you have any ideas for his spells yet?

Earlenlajnen

Reaction score
Really good! So is this update coming faster?

But damn you for making such a cool Witch King! :p
I was also going to make a Witch King... but he's significantly different.

And he isn't that... hard coded.

EDIT: I really like that fire barrage of yours! :D

13lade619

Reaction score
probably tomorrow..

crunching time since the school year begins next week for me.

after the witch king will be a multiplayer ready version (but without items yet).

EDIT

He was considered to be centuries ahead of his time, but Magnus has strayed to a different path.
Proud. Arrogant. Powerful!
He even has the bravado to declare himself the dreaded Witch King.

13lade619

Reaction score
attachment.php

6/9/10 The Witch King has risen... the first roster is complete!

Download Here : http://www.epicwar.com/maps/136656/
*cant upload here because of the limit.
*my dorm has blocked several upload sites... epicwar was not.

Changelog 6.9.10
Code:
New Hero:
Magnus the Witch King

Gameplay
**Neutral Creeps will now have 20% reduction from magic and pure damage to prevent casters from having an advantage.
**Damage type reduction based on primary attribute.

STR heroes have 15% resistance to physical damage, 15% amplify for magic.
AGI heroes take 100% damage from any type.
INT heroes hace 15% res to magic and 15% amp for physical.

*amp for magic only, not pure.

Misc
Tooltip error on Gatling Fury

Issues:
*Bug on Lich still unconfirmed/unfixed.

Future:
Will finish up coding victory conditions.

Test Extras (to be removed)
*Saved in debug mode to catch messages.
*Not Multiplayer ready. (you cant win yet)
*Hostile heroes scattered on map.
*Level Cheat : Up/Down Arrow Keys.

Comments really needed! Thanks.

Earlenlajnen

Reaction score
Nice! The Witch King is awsome! :thup:
Haha... Magnus! In Sweden that is a really usual name! :p

Anyway. Here is a list of suggestions/bugs:

-IMO the Gravity Chaos looks a little weird. The units stay a little to long in the air and got the same speed all the time.
Try increasing the speed of the ascension/fall and make the units slow down when they begin to fall.
-Got some AIDS errors when using Sacred Spear (Can't get index of 0). Really good skill though. Works perfectly. My favourite.
-Glacial Shroud seems a little overpowered. Lvl 1 gives me +29 Armor at level 25!

Thanks for adding me to the Loading Screen! ^^

Offtopic: Are you busy with school or can you maybe edit your custom skin? I posted on my old thread. Thanks!

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Awesome new hero :D

I really liked his combo of Sacred Spear + Gravity Chaos + Frozen Gale :D
The one thing that bothers me is the accuracy of Sacred Spear. It is very difficult to get it to hit your target(s) even once, so its nearly impossible for it to hit the same target twice.
Frozen Gale is pretty cool. I like how you need to let it charge up, since it synergises really well with his other skills which disables the enemies.
Gravity Chaos does way too much damage against the neutrals. I managed to take out about 3/4 of the Dragon's health with the combo. The Dragon isn't giving me the buff, BTW. Was the bonus removed?
Glacial Shroud is a pretty neat concept, although I suspect it'll create another Jax. The only weakness I can see is spell resistance, which isn't really covered by this spell. This makes him pretty tanky against physical heroes and squishy against casters. He tanks the tower really well, BTW.
Arc Lightning seems fairly random. It doesn't really synergise much with the rest of his skills. Although I must admit, it would be pretty nice to see Magnus building attack speed and rushing Arc Lightning and other disables abilities.

Overall, wonderful hero :D Will try and get an attack speed build going with him :p

Once again, the dragon isn't giving me any bonuses after I kill him. Is it intended?

EDIT: Tried out the attack speed build by stacking boots. I was suddenly amazed.
I had 600 movement speed. I never knew the movement speed bonuses stacked, cool :D Just a question, though, did you trigger the movement speed bonuses?

The attack speed build turned out fairly good, but not anywhere as good as the SP build, since he is not very durable with just attack speed alone. Although it may change if the actual items had attack speed + health. AP + AS Hybrid items would work pretty nicely on this guy.

13lade619

Reaction score
Once again, the dragon isn't giving me any bonuses after I kill him. Is it intended?

i'm in the middle of recoding the neutral buffs using BuffStruct.
i finished the simple ones first (Ms, Armor, MReg)

the dragon and venom arent finished yet.

The one thing that bothers me is the accuracy of Sacred Spear. It is very difficult to get it to hit your target(s) even once, so its nearly impossible for it to hit the same target twice.
i think the most effective range is in the middle. it clusters a bit t\better there. it's supposed to deal heavy damage upon multiple hits so yeah...

EDIT: Tried out the attack speed build by stacking boots. I was suddenly amazed.
I had 600 movement speed. I never knew the movement speed bonuses stacked, cool Just a question, though, did you trigger the movement speed bonuses?
yes, Status stacking is taken care of by Jesus4Lyf's system.

Next phase is balancing some numbers with Excel.
*Note i will not be listing all changes in the changelog.. since there will be really many.

13lade619

Reaction score
ah damnit... i seem to have misplaced the files for the new 1337 loading screen!!

i was moving files to my new laptop and i guess i forgot.. and the attachment here was removed too :(.

i lost the .psd file, and the HQ .png files... truly sad :(.

EDIT:

sigh.. i also lost the xls file.. i have write it up again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.