Legends

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I wont implement Armor/Magic Penetration... I'll just reduce the Armor/Spell Resistance directly.

Maybe this is just me, but that's one reason I don't like games like WoW and LoL. Too many stats that complicate things. Why make it more complicated than it needs to be? I shouldn't have to pull out a calculator to understand something in a video game. :nuts:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I sorta agree with tommerbob. While certain things (like stats) do help out to become stronger, it sorta loses some focus of the game, which is a quick match to defeat the opponent. Instead of worring that you're off by a percentage. Unless you can find a simple way to display it. But come to think of it, Armor Resistence (Physical/Magic) doesn't sound too hard to quickly analyze...

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
doing some 'research' by watching Diablo 3 footage.

I'm thinking about making the neutrals more 'Diablo-like' in terms of behavior.
because the fast and quick wc3 style creeps are meh..

i.e.
increase in number,
slower Movement speed,
slower but stronger attacks,
more hp/resistance,
maybe some simple triggered spells.

thoughts?

tommerbob

Reaction score
doing some 'research' by watching Diablo 3 footage.

I'm thinking about making the neutrals more 'Diablo-like' in terms of behavior.
because the fast and quick wc3 style creeps are meh..

i.e.
increase in number,
slower Movement speed,
slower but stronger attacks,
more hp/resistance,
maybe some simple triggered spells.

thoughts?

Well what exactly do you mean by the "fast and quick wc3 style creeps"? How do they compare to the D3 videos?

Are you talking more about neutral camps like the rune masters, or the creep waves in the lanes?

If its the creep waves > Remember that combat in lanes in an AoS-style should be fast. You're either progressing toward the enemy towers or you are defending your own.

If its neutral camps > Some dynamic "boss" type fights would be fun. Creeps that have triggered abilities and smarter AI than just "attack the enemy base" is a must. But then, I guess the real question is, what are the neutral camps for? Are they merely to avoid being in the lanes? Or is there a dynamic purpose to them?

(I'm mostly just thinking out loud. I don't really know... lol)

13lade619

Reaction score
I meant the neutrals.

And they're there because... they'll be more use in another gamemode?..
wel that WAS the idea maybe 1 year ago. haha.

Well what exactly do you mean by the "fast and quick wc3 style creeps"? How do they compare to the D3 videos?
The normal (in melee) wc3 creeps are fast and attack you immediately. In D3 the creeps are a little slower but have better attacks and that gives the hero time to move around and dodge.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
But then, I guess the real question is, what are the neutral camps for? Are they merely to avoid being in the lanes? Or is there a dynamic purpose to them?
They are a sort of side-quest on and by itself, IMO. If you manage to hold many neutral buffs, you've got one pumped up hero. If you're fighting against a guy with something like 4 buffs while you have none, you know you're kinda screwed.

Currently, I find the game to be split into two "zones".
Neutral- Kinda like an RPG in nature. In this place, you play aggressive and try to control as much ground as possible. Gather some allies and gank an enemy in the neutral area, steal runes, ninja the players trying to kill the Runekeeper etc. Less safe, but rewards are great (runes, EXP, gold, maybe complete some sidequests).
Lane- Typical AoS playstyle. You would have to play slightly more defensive. Easier EXP/possibly gold and its safer.

The neutral area is more of a third lane than anything. Twisted Treeline has the same concept; half the time, you're fighting for control of the jungle and the gameplay tends to be more about ganking and jungle control than laning.

Having said that, some more dynamic neutral creeps would be cool; the runekeepers could have some simple triggered spells.
It would also be pretty cool if you could use the neutral creeps to your advantage in a chase/fight, like skillshots. Those spells that you just dodged could mean a spell in your enemy's face :p

13lade619

Reaction score
Apparently, the first thing almost everyone whines about is the strafing.
Because they've never seen anything like it in a wc3 map before.
Battle Realms had it and nobody complained :).
I think it makes it more realistic since when you're locked in combat you dont want to just stand in place.

tommerbob

Reaction score
Apparently, the first thing almost everyone whines about is the strafing.
Because they've never seen anything like it in a wc3 map before.
Battle Realms had it and nobody complained :).
I think it makes it more realistic since when you're locked in combat you dont want to just stand in place.

Well it does look a little unnatural. It looks more like an error in dummy placed units than it does "strafing". (of course, players who are not modders wouldn't know this.)

At first I thought it looked weird, but now that I know what it actually is, it doesn't look as bad.

My suggestion is to play around with the speed and range of the strafing units, mess around with different settings to try and make it look better.

esb

Reaction score
I don't mind it. I just thought it was uninentional. Althought a few times it sorta of messed up my targeting for spells, but that happens in real battle as well xD.

13lade619

Reaction score
QUESTION:

The new sidequests will involve capture points (buildings). Once you capture them your team will gain access to a global AoE skill
(there are 2 buildings actually, so you have 2 globals..).
What would be the best option to cast it?

A. Buyable Item - requires 1 item slot though..,
B. Buyable Skill from building - requires 1 hero to stand by the building.
C. Casted by building - though you have to select the building first.
D. Other options?

esb

Reaction score
Create a Hero shared by all players. It doesn't move or attack and can't be killed. It's just for easy access. Once control point is captured, remove the hero (so it doesn't take space in screen.
Easy "F4" access. =]

tommerbob

Reaction score
QUESTION:

The new sidequests will involve capture points (buildings). Once you capture them your team will gain access to a global AoE skill
(there are 2 buildings actually, so you have 2 globals..).
What would be the best option to cast it?

A. Buyable Item - requires 1 item slot though..,
B. Buyable Skill from building - requires 1 hero to stand by the building.
C. Casted by building - though you have to select the building first.
D. Other options?

I think for a team to be able to use their "global skill", one of them should be close to the building/shop, so you might as well make it option A or B. You could make it a buyable item, but make the item a dummy item that is used on pickup, so the hero can have a full inventory.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
global AoE skill
So its an instant cast skill that affects everything on the map?

I think B is a solid option.

EDIT: Was just trying that Priest guy (Archon, was it?). I'm just wondering about the mechanics of his rift.
I understand that Rift does not hit units that you cannot see, but why did you include that functionality?

13lade619

Reaction score
nope an AoE target with global cast range

I understand that Rift does not hit units that you cannot see, but why did you include that functionality?
so that you cant hit creep camps from afar.

nvm him, he's going to get remade actually.

anyway, few guys at hive pmed me for my various systems like the hp bar and the cooldown reduction...

1/31/11

Shadowspire - Castable 3x before cooldown, 3rd cast deals 25% more damage.

Entrail - Channel area 3 seconds. On the 3rd second, immobilize units in area.

Malignant Affliction - Each attack stacks X damage for the next spell hit.

Dark seeker - X% attack bounces, (X/2)% chance to bounce again...

XXX

13lade619

Reaction score
Oh hi there.

So here's the story:

Due to not having decent internet connection to play LoL,
I've been playing DotA recently. This kinda re-ignited my urge to map.
So I decided to opened up this project last night after more than a year of inactivity.

In the past year, I've been playing a lot of League of Legends and a bit of DotA.
I believe now I have a more decent understanding of a good game and good systems than before.

I've also interned in a game development firm, and also already did some freelance projects for them. I have more knowledge on coding with higher standards now. In fact I kinda laughed at how bad some of my code was while looking at it.

I think now I have enough experience to push this project to a release-ready version.
Stay tuned for updates...

13lade619

Reaction score
http://www.mediafire.com/?ykrr1ivn48ujc3g

Update for the Iron Maiden remake.
Some of the other heroes and abilities are WIP, art improvements and such.
Bits and pieces of the UI are being tweaked.

The Iron Maiden
Theme: Warrior with legendary armor regalia.
Focus: Disrupting the enemy team and isolating dangerous targets.

Bravery:
The Warden's Regalia increases Aeris' damage by 8/16/24/32/56 and armor by 4/8/12/16/30 when battling enemies face-to-face.

The buff is applied for 3 seconds as Aeris is attacked.

Eagle Talons:
Instantly dashes forward, passing through enemy units and dealing 30/50/70/90/130(+0.6/0.6/0.6/0.6/0.9 Attack) physical damage to the first unit she hits.

Eagle Talons can be cast once more immediately after it hits a unit on its first cast. The follow-up cast will go into cooldown.

Passes through terrain.

Range : 200/200/200/200/300
Cooldown : 10/9/8/7/6 seconds.

Iron Raven:
Aeris dashes to an enemy or ally. She will deal 65/110/155/200/350(+4.0/4.0/4.0/4.0/6.0 Armor) physical damage and drag the target if it is an enemy unit.

Range : 700
Cooldown : 12/12/12/12/24 seconds.

Cage of Blades:
Materializes an unpassable cage of blades that traps enemy units inside the area for a duration. Enemy units inside the cage are rooted initially for 1 second while Aeris receives an additional stack of Bravery for twice the duration.

Area of Effect : 300/300/300/300/450
Duration : 2/3/4/5/8 seconds.
Cooldown : 18/17/16/15/45 seconds.

Shroud of Knives:
Aeris sends a shroud of deadly knives to protect herself or an ally, increasing armor by 6/8/10/12/20 and dealing 20/32/44/56/77 physical damage to nearby enemies four times per second.

Damage is applied over 4 ticks in one second.

Range : 500
Area of Effect : 200/200/200/200/350
Duration : 7 seconds.
Cooldown : 9/9/9/9/15 seconds.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
After all these years, you're still in to WC3 editing.

I congratulate you for your perseverance. I hope you still do remember me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.