Leveling A Mage!

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well... got 3 toons to 80 already and none of them are a pure DPS class so I am leveling a mage. He's sitting at 61 and well, sitting there hitting frost bolt is getting a bit boring, the AoE isn't too fun either.

I got the heirlooms and everything and sure it's fast but boring.

Was going to try out arcane but it won't really be great until Arcane Blast at 64 so, any ideas until then?

keeper77

Reaction score
You can go arcane before 64, just cast fire ball instead of arc. blast until ur 64, it won't be so bad thats its unplayable :p, that is saying you <3 arcane over frost and fire.

Oninuva

Reaction score
How'd you guess :)

JUST MISSING A WARLOCK NOW. Think maybe next year. :)

Sarj14

Reaction score
He was level 61 when he posted about a month ago. Getting 19 levels in one month is a walk in the park. Gratz though! Mages are fun, so are warlocks. Stay away from the Paladin unless you have a shitload of patience... I hit 80 on my paladin and it is pure boring until your gear gets godly, then you will fuck shit up as ret.

Oninuva

Reaction score
I geared my pally as holy, got bored of healing though. My mage is really fun :)

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Thats true, I heard they are going to redo the whole low level play style, so you can save your warlock for that :D.

They are completely redoing the level flow of the old world, drastically changing many zones, and making higher quality quests throughout. Hopefully it will be a lot more fun :thup:

Oninuva

Reaction score
Gotta save some classes for Cata, man ;)

Maybe, really don't wanna do another 80 though, I really hated 1-60 and I had these toons at 60 from RAF which is why I even thought of playing my mage :(

keeper77

Reaction score
They are completely redoing the level flow of the old world, drastically changing many zones, and making higher quality quests throughout. Hopefully it will be a lot more fun :thup:

Ya, I am hoping that and I might rejoin WoW if it really is redone well :D

Winterherz

Reaction score
Well... got 3 toons to 80 already and none of them are a pure DPS class so I am leveling a mage. He's sitting at 61 and well, sitting there hitting frost bolt is getting a bit boring, the AoE isn't too fun either.

I got the heirlooms and everything and sure it's fast but boring.

Was going to try out arcane but it won't really be great until Arcane Blast at 64 so, any ideas until then?

I have a 71 mage , i've respccing and experimenting with different specs and by far FROST is ur best friend. But yeah since ur bored, i suggest Fire for now before you get arcane blast and arcane barrage. with fire you'll do good dmg, but you'll feel the OOM at almost every 2-3 fights. Same goes with arcane, but arcane has talent that reduces Evocation CD.

punwisp

Reaction score
You play WoW a lot, don't you

Hes had little over a month, you don't have to play a lot to get 80 80 from lvl 61, leveling is quicker at this point up until you get to 70, then its slow I believe until you get to 76 then its quick to 78, and time consuming for the last 2 levels :p

If you knew what you were doing, didn't fool around, and was focused, and didn't run into any bumps, 61-70 you can get in about maybe a weeks time (If you count in school or work.

And notice hes had a whole month. More than enough time. A lot of people goof around, or don't farm for gold (For lets say flying training) So its more time consuming.

However, I haven't played since last may, so this process could have been sped up.

Also if I remember correctly

Fire-Mass AoE, for raids? Instances maybe?

Arcane- Leveling I believe?

Frost-PVP

Frost I'm sure was a PVP thing, but I can't remember much about the other 2 correctly so I could be wrong.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Frost and Arcane are both very viable for PvP, Fire is just plain bad :p

But yeah, I had epic mounts, heirloom, etc.

Took a total of 4 days, 19 hours to get to 80.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.