LF Random Project Beginner Team

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Hey guys,

I've been active with TH for a fair few years now and I'm looking to learn the Galaxy Editor with a few other newbies in an attempt to make a half decent map.

In terms of the genre of map I am not really fussed. I'm aware the vast majority of new maps are RPG styles which I am open to but I'd also like to explore alternative options such as tycoon styles or other strategy based games. I have many ideas for many genres but really cannot be bothered to get deep into this Galaxy Editor without another member to work and learn with me.

Absolutely anyone who is interested should post your ideas and your current skill level below and I'll shoot you a message.

Looking for either 1, 2 or 3 people to work on a single map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My grandmother just passed away, she was 95. I might be going to Florida for a week.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I have a buddy in Florida who has an extra office space for me with a computer so I can do anything so likely I will be going up there wednesday or thursday
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    thank you Ghan
  • jonas jonas:
    Sorry for your loss
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm sorry to hear that bro
  • Varine Varine:
    Not to distract but is anyone aware of any software to help visually impaired people interact with their PC?
  • Varine Varine:
    Also what's the best way to ship a PC? Should I just wrap the fuck out of it in the case or put the components in static bags and wrapped up individually?
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The GPU is the biggest danger typically.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Some of the pre-built vendors use expanding foam to fill in the case and secure the GPU. Otherwise it might be best to remove it and ship it separately.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Similar if the machine has a large tower CPU cooler installed. Those can experience huge forces and destroy the socket during shipment if they are heavy.
  • Varine Varine:
    So mainly just the heavier things that jut out? I'm planning on pulling out the SSD's too and anything that I don't have well secured. I'll probably be good leaving the motherboard and PSU screwed in there though if I bundle it up?
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah, I'd expect those to be fine. It's mainly the heavy stuff that is also long/tall where dropping the case would cause it to exert a ton of force on the mount. The motherboard will be fine screwed into the board unless the case itself is somehow severely damaged.
  • Varine Varine:
    I have the original packaging for it, so I was going to just put it back in there
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I have the boxes for the components though and so I don't want to have a bunch of loose shit bouncing around
  • The Helper The Helper:
    damn I just read that lol
  • The Helper The Helper:
    when i read up and saw spray in foam I was like oh shit
  • The Helper The Helper:
    going to do the last controller giveaway in the NUON Dome forum because I just cannot sell them since I got them for free from a deceased NUON Legend. It is my last one from that.

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome