Library...

LightStriker

Reaction score
I was just wondering if someone put up a library (.mod) of useful stuff... Like some missing math and such.

I've checked quickly on battle.net and found nothing.

Since I'm building my own (Hate to work without a normalize function around), I was wondering if there isn't an already existing solution, and if not, some people would be interrested?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Well, please indulge me, what kinds of math functions are in SC2 and what ones are missing that would be useful to add?

LightStriker

Reaction score
Well, please indulge me, what kinds of math functions are in SC2 and what ones are missing that would be useful to add?

Normalize, Cross product, Dot Product, rotation, clamp/min/max...
Couple of constant like Pi, VectorI-J-K.

I also use Global To Local and Local To Global which is sometime useful to find a vector (point) relative to a specific object orientation instead of world orientation.

Since I'm a noob with Galaxy, they might be all there already and I haven't found them yet. Wouldn't be the first time it happens. :D

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Well, Pi is just 3.14159265(...). So, it's not really needed to put it in. But I can see where it'd be helpful. I suppose you'd also want to put e(uler's constant) in there as well.

LightStriker

Reaction score
Well, Pi is just 3.14159265(...). So, it's not really needed to put it in. But I can see where it'd be helpful. I suppose you'd also want to put e(uler's constant) in there as well.

Yup, exactly.
But you know, not everybody remember the Pi as precisly as you.

As myself, I got for 3.14159. Can't manage to remember beyond that. :D

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Most people just use google :p

"pi to 100 digits"

3.1415926535 8979323846 2643383279 5028841971 6939937510 5820974944 5923078164 0628620899 8628034825 3421170679

Alternatively you can just use the formulae for pi if you can find one that suits your needs.

However i'd love a library if anyone does one please make a big shout about it.

It'd be also nice if the simple stuff that alot of people might use was added.

I.e. Timers that count up which is simply create timer 0:00 then loop pause wait 1 second +1 unpause.

Move Players to Team 1/2/3

:rolleyes: I'm actually out of ideas but you know which ones I mean.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Actually, I could make something for teams ;) An in-game team selection via dialogs...

Cheekything

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Actually, I could make something for teams ;) An in-game team selection via dialogs...

I thought of that but it might lead to the problem of people all trying to be on the same team.

So maybe have a have a option do you want to be on a team with.

"Don't care", "Player 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10..."

It's a bit more complex but allows friends to play together.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Well, it would be really nice to have something like this because in some games, even if I move my friend (from my party) up to my "team" we still end up playing against each other. And I think this is because Player 2 is actually the SECOND player to join the game. Which makes no sense >_<

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.