Life drain with no drain lol

Kike

Reaction score
Hi everybody :D as the title says I'm trying to make an ability, based on life drain, that does NOT give you hp. The problem is that our lovely "drain's" are full of bugs and if I put Data- hp drained = 0, it can't be used --', so... How can I do it via trigger guys?

Thank you :3

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Why dont you try to set it to 1 instead, perhaps it will work out well for you :thup:

Ps. the 1 HP Drain is just so that you can actually use the Drain ;)

Kayoss666

Reaction score
Why dont you try to set it to 1 instead, perhaps it will work out well for you :thup:

Ps. the 1 HP Drain is just so that you can actually use the Drain ;)

you can set it to that but if you want a trigger it aint hard. Not at WE so this is best remembrence.

event
unit - a unit finishes casting a ability
condition
ability being cast is egual to "DRAIN"
action
set life of casting unit to current life - "1"

with "DRAIN" being the name of your ability and "1" being how ever much hp you set the ability to drain

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
you can set it to that but if you want a trigger it aint hard. Not at WE so this is best remembrence.

event
unit - a unit finishes casting a ability
condition
ability being cast is egual to "DRAIN"
action
set life of casting unit to current life - "1"

with "DRAIN" being the name of your ability and "1" being how ever much hp you set the ability to drain

recommended :thup:

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Why not just extend the Drain Interval to be longer than the duration? The amount drained doesn't matter if you can't drain anything at all.

Kike

Reaction score
Kaerf, your Idea sounds good, I will check if it works

Kayoss, but like the drain spell I want it to do peridic dmg, this is the part that I can't do :/

Kayoss666

Reaction score
just change the - 1. like basic drain does 55 for 8. just make set life of casting unit to current life - "1"
as
set life of casting unit to current life - (55 * 8)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
The result of that will be that the caster slowly recovers HP as it is drained, but then a chunk of HP disappears at the end. It gives the impression that the caster took heavy damage at the end of the spell from an unknown source. Also, if the caster has less HP than the maximum that can be drained, or if it has taken less damage than the HP drained, the end result will be wrong.

There's no point making a trigger when increasing the Drain Interval works fine.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
The result of that will be that the caster slowly recovers HP as it is drained, but then a chunk of HP disappears at the end. It gives the impression that the caster took heavy damage at the end of the spell from an unknown source. Also, if the caster has less HP than the maximum that can be drained, or if it has taken less damage than the HP drained, the end result will be wrong.

There's no point making a trigger when increasing the Drain Interval works fine.

but would they still take periodic damage

Smitty

Reaction score
Why would they take periodic damage if the damage interval were that long? They wouldn't, because the spell wouldn't last long enough for the damage to kick in.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
Why would they take periodic damage if the damage interval were that long? They wouldn't, because the spell wouldn't last long enough for the damage to kick in.

exactly and Kike wants it to so you can't lengthen the drain interval you would have to do it though a trigger.

Kike

Reaction score
it's is starting to get confused here... look, I'm trying to make a spell that make damage over time and the caster needs to be chanelling it, as like the drain spell, but it doesnt give back the damage as health to the caster

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
Base it on channel, and in a trigger have a dummy unit use life drain on the target. Have another trigger to detect if the caster stops channeling and if it does, kill the dummy unit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.