Life regeneration aura with less than 0.01 value

Exoudar

Reaction score
Hello there, I am trying to make a life regeneration aura that heals for 0.2% hp per sec.

the value 0.01 equal 1%, but i want the aura to heal for 0.2% which should be 0.002 in world editor, is there any possible way to do that?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
The editor only allows two decimal places, but you could trigger the heal on units with the buff, using ((Life of (Picked unit)) / 500) as the heal amount.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but isnt that 2% of the Initial Regeneration, not of Maximum Hit Points?

Like Unholy Aura or whatever it's called, increases Hit Point Regeneration rate by eg 20%. That's 20% extra regeneration, not restoring 20% of the maximum hit points per second.

If you want to heal 2% of the maximum hit points each second, you should leave that ability as a dummy aura and trigger the regeneration.

@the topic. As said above, 2 decimal places are the limit in the Object Editor.

Triggering is the way to go.

Exoudar

Reaction score
or just use fountain of life aura (% max life)

Fountain of life minimum value is 0.01 which heals 1% per sec, what I want is 0.2% per sec

The editor only allows two decimal places, but you could trigger the heal on units with the buff, using ((Life of (Picked unit)) / 500) as the heal amount.

I did this

Trigger:
  • Life Aura Team 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Group_Team1 = (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Temp_Group_Team1 and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + ((Max life of (Picked unit)) x (0.10 x 0.02)))
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_Group_Team1)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Run (This trigger) (checking conditions)

another question on this trigger, is it less laggy to do "every 1 sec of game time" or just what I did (wait 1 sec > run trigger) ?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
uhmmm its more laggy because you are creating a group with a ton of units at once, it runs 2 times every second for every single unit on the team, so thats a TON of calls if you have a lotta units...
do this instead:
Trigger:
  • Life Aura Team 1
    • Events
      • Periodic Event - Every 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + ((Max life of (Picked unit)) x (0.10 x 0.02)))

Trigger:
  • Add units to group
    • Events
      • A unit enters playable map area
    • Conditions
      • Owner of (Triggering unit) is equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to Temp_Group_Team1

Trigger:
  • Unit Dies Trigger
    • Events
      • A unit dies
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) is in Temp_Group_Team1 is true
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit)

keychup

Reaction score
i prefer 0.25 second intervals with the formula: (0.5/100)*(Max life of (Picked unit))
every 0.25 seconds create a unit group with units with the healing aura buff.
set life of picked unit to life + formula
destroy the unit group.

EDIT: why restore 0.2% hp per second? i doubt its usefullness. why not 2% hp per second?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
because 2% is a lot of regen... 1% is, 0.2% for every unit is pretty balanced, 2% means 50 secs and you can go from 0 -> full if that is all of your regen, if it wasnt, you could easily get to 25 sec full health regen, which is friggin op

keychup

Reaction score
sure. but the difference is unnoticeable. then again it depends on the range of stats in your game, the ratio between damage and HP and how long a battle between 2 units could take place.
On a side note I would suggest fixed values instead such as 3HP per second.

EDIT: Just so we're clear...I contradict myself when i say "then again"

Exoudar

Reaction score
sure. but the difference is unnoticeable. then again it depends on the range of stats in your game, the ratio between damage and HP and how long a battle between 2 units could take place.
On a side note I would suggest fixed values instead such as 3HP per second.

EDIT: Just so we're clear...I contradict myself when i say "then again"

3hp per sec can be too good early in the game and too bad later, since creeps later would have 1000+hp.

uhmmm its more laggy because you are creating a group with a ton of units at once, it runs 2 times every second for every single unit on the team, so thats a TON of calls if you have a lotta units...
do this instead:
Trigger:
  • Life Aura Team 1
    • Events
      • Periodic Event - Every 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions

Trigger:
  • Add units to group
    • Events
      • A unit enters playable map area
    • Conditions
      • Owner of (Triggering unit) is equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to Temp_Group_Team1

Trigger:
  • Unit Dies Trigger
    • Events
      • A unit dies
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) is in Temp_Group_Team1 is true
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit)

thanks +rep

keychup

Reaction score
Its true 3HP per second could be too good at first but then not so good later on. However the same goes for shockwave which deals 75>150>225>300 damage.

Anyway, here's what I would do.

Trigger:
  • Life Regeneration Aura
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set zz_UnitGroupA = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Life Regeneration Aura) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in zz_UnitGroupA and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Percentage life of (Picked unit)) + 0.02)%
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_zz_UnitGroupA)

EDIT: It "is" an aura right? I noticed that the restoration is restoring all units owned by Player 11 (which i assume to be a creep player?)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Its true 3HP per second could be too good at first but then not so good later on. However the same goes for shockwave which deals 75>150>225>300 damage.

Anyway, here's what I would do.

Trigger:
  • Life Regeneration Aura
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set zz_UnitGroupA = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Life Regeneration Aura) Equal to True))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in zz_UnitGroupA and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Percentage life of (Picked unit)) + 0.02)%
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_zz_UnitGroupA)

EDIT: It "is" an aura right? I noticed that the restoration is restoring all units owned by Player 11 (which i assume to be a creep player?)

That'd work, but inefficient. See, what you're doing is picking all the units in the map and filtering them. If you were to have 300 units in the map, then filter just for 20 units, that wouldn't be efficient.

An efficient solution would look something like what GFreak45 posted.

keychup

Reaction score
That reminds me...save for a new thread.

Anyway, isn't this trigger for an aura ability?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.