Life Though The Ages

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Hello, I'm here to say I'm almost done with my lastest project "Life Though The Ages"!
What I need help with is...
-I need testers
-I need someone to do Terrain, (I hope I'm not asking too much... =/)
-A hoster when it is complete.
-Rifleman trigger, 75% of missing target.
-Unit ideas, building ideas.

Life Though The Ages is a game where you research to make units, ect. This one is more realistic. One of the maps I really wanted. My favorite feature is the Rifle Age, with rifle men. They have a slow cooldown. So they could get over runned by footmen. But their attack is high. Taking out most units with one hit. Also the mortar team is the same. But with higher attack damage. There is also no heros.

Please post comments, ideas, questions, ect.

Thank you. ^_^

Updates-

Made some tests with units today, the units did what I wanted, but the tank didn't attack, after editing the tank again, it worked how I wanted it to. One tank by it's self took out 6 men. A very small tank army (1-20 didn't count, it was one small line of tanks so it's in that range.) took out a whole army of footmen. And small army of rifle men, two mortars, and one tank took out another army. The army had about 50 footmen. So a mixture of men could over run the Rifle Age units.
Going to add a Advance Rifleman. Witch will have a very low cooldown. And will take awhile to make, and get.

R

Ruination

There was a custom game based on civilization. It was very cool. I can't imagine how long it took to make sheesh. You should check it out--might give you ideas to improve upon.

Rad

Reaction score
Dont have units that kill in 1 hit, say you have an army of them against an army of footmen. It wouldnt matter that you can overrun them with footmen because you would lose them all by the time you started attacking the riflemen. If not than if your army is to big the rifles will still win.

And I think what your talking about Ruination was called Heroes and Empires. Its a shame nobody played it as much as they should've. Really shows the ignorance in gamers. If it was empires only it would have caught on. You start in neolithic and end up in future, theres about 12 different ages each unlocking usually 6 different units and many building upgrades. If I describe it anymore you would probrably quit your project though, so discover it yourself :eek:

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I may increase the cooldown. But the attack is what "I" want. It makes it seem more realistic. I may end up giving the footmen more armor so it takes three hits. Also the person that upgrades to the Rifle Age may have the idea to make the whole map their empire, kingdom, ect. Or, complete conquest over the other players.
Lets say, if there was a real rifle men. And there was a real footmen. Who would more likly win. The rifle men would.
There is no food limit so a huge mass of footmen would surly defeat an army of rifle men. I may also decrease the unit training time for footmen, and increase the rifle men's training time... The same with the tanks, mortar team, and cannon towers. And decrease the rifle men's health to 100. And increase the tank's health. Making the tank the most useful unit in the game.
I know this takes out allot of exp with WarCraft melee games. But wouldn't it be nice to play a harder map where it takes more skill?

"There was a custom game based on civilization. It was very cool. I can't imagine how long it took to make sheesh. You should check it out--might give you ideas to improve upon."

May I see the map?

And thanks ban-lord2 it may be awhile before you get an email asking you to host... Or you may never get one depending if I throw this project too. =/

R

Ruination

Well hmm. I don't think my dial-up is going to attatch the map. I clicked upload but it never began. It didn't do anything. My connection is really bad. I'm sorry )=

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Update/bump

I'm planning to make a Machine Age, where the the Marine (and others that I have thought up yet) can be made, then a Computer Age, this will be an upgrading Age... The Space Age will have the Zergs, and other upgrades ect.

Need some new help, how can I make the Rifleman have 75% of missing?

New Idea: You start with one whisp, you click on it. There will be 4 chooses. Orc, Human, Undead, and Night Elves. There you can make upgrades, just like the humans (Main race I started with). But, to do this I could use some more help. =/

-Unit names, and building ideas.

=) Thanks for reading.

I

IllidansHead

Make Riflemen have Curse permanently on them, and change to 75% chance of missing?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
uh, have a trigger cast curse on them? why does it need to be in a trigger, abilities run it smoother.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
=/ ... Well, I guess working with a ability would be ok... I haven't ever made ability or edit one. :rolleyes: Today I guess I may learn something....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.