RPG Life's Last Hope 1.0

skullkidd

Reaction score
Story: The last civilization on earth is very peaceful until one afternoon when darkness filled the skies. The darkness bred all sorts of creatures and plagued the lands. They call themselves, Legion. Ever since that fateful afternoon people have been changing... turning into monsters. Our last hope lies with 8 Champions to set off holding the future of the last civilization and solve the puzzles of the darkness. Before the Legion over runs everything. Their armies grow fast and our people die by the hour. We can only hope it is not too late to strike back. Good luck.

Concept: You pick a champion to save the world with and destroy the Legion and its new coming darkness.

Map size:
Epic

Layout Style: Basically there is one town/city and 3 forts.Vast open land with puzzles that you must face to continue on your path and a few dungeons varying from small to large depending on dungeon purpose.

Players: 8

Map Ver: 1.0 Beta

TOG: Online Role Playing game

Heroes: twenty

Max lvl: 70

Camera Type: Locked to hero

Features: pvp dueling, mass quests, dungeons, new spells, new units/new race, and more.

Screenshots:
*Remember the map is only x% completed, so don't say that their isn't enough doodads or whatever*
lifeslasthope1yg8.png

lifeslasthope2lc7.png

lifeslasthope3od8.png

lifeslasthope4fv7.png

lifeslasthope5dg8.png

Teaser: Coming Soon (not far enuf along yet)

Open to opinion:
1. Should I have a save/load system?
2. Should I add more heroes? or add to the amount of players?
3. What is a good amount of quests I should have?
4. Should it be cinematic? (This would increase lag)
5. Should I keep the camera locked to the hero that you picked?

Credits:
1. skullkidd
2. 4ppl3s
3. preacher

Terrain
[||||||||||] 70%

AI
[||||||||||] 50%

Triggers
[||||||||||] 30%

Units/Items
[||||||||||] 10%

Total
[||||||||||] 16%

Recommend finish date: August 2008

UPDATES JULY 20TH 2008:
* Added a world of warcraft type inventory
* Added damage done above unit
* Added vote kicker

manofsteel

Reaction score
>1. Should I have a save/load system?
Yes, I like save/load systems and you don't want to start all over in a rpg.

>2. Should I add more heroes? or add to the amount of players?
Lots of heroes are allways fun. Don't really care there.

>3. What is a good amount of quests I should have?
Unlimited...:)

>4. Should it be cinematic? (This would increase lag)
Only if you can skip it and if it contains any info about the map.

>5. Should I keep the camera locked to the hero that you picked?
I don't really care here either, but I think it's good.

This sounds like a good map, mind if you post some screenshots of the map? Good luck with this.

skullkidd

Reaction score
>1. Should I have a save/load system?
Yes, I like save/load systems and you don't want to start all over in a rpg.

>2. Should I add more heroes? or add to the amount of players?
Lots of heroes are allways fun. Don't really care there.

>3. What is a good amount of quests I should have?
Unlimited...:)

>4. Should it be cinematic? (This would increase lag)
Only if you can skip it and if it contains any info about the map.

>5. Should I keep the camera locked to the hero that you picked?
I don't really care here either, but I think it's good.

This sounds like a good map, mind if you post some screenshots of the map? Good luck with this.

1. Alright i'll keep that in mind ;)

2. I just heard if you have too many you increase lag. Thought twenty would be reasonable.

3. Wouldn't that be great, :) unlimited.

4. I'm probably not gonna

5. yah i like it :D

yes i'll add screenies and a video. It was just really late at night when i posted this and i didn't feel like taking the time to do that at that very moment. but i'll do that today and put em up. Thanks for your comments.
keep them coming:thup:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
A bit un-original but aren't we all? :D

-Yes! I want to own this and own it again with others! :)
-The current amount of heroes is a good amount methinks. For the heroes, it depends. Are they triggered and fun enough for someone to use for a long time? Is it customable for each player even with the same hero? Or is it just repeating the same thing over and over. Twenty for an early version is good... quite a lot. I think it's a good set for now.
-It depends on how long you want the players to be with the story and how long you want them to free-play. I think you should have at least like 1 - 3 main quests at each "zone/area", and a few other minor quests such as "Killing 10 Boars" in the areas, too.
-No! I love watching the cinematics in the beginning - ... in the beginning. No point repeating it. :D Maybe with the first release version, you could put a cinematic in it, just as a greater introduction.
-What do you mean? Like with "Follow unit" view? Um, to put it simply, I hate that. The normal WCIII view is nice enough. With all the zoomed in/follow camera views, it gets hard to make quick turns and stuff if you click a few times.

Good luck with this. If you need any help, I'm here. :thup:

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
No. RPGs with a storyline should be played from start to finish. If you add a save/load system people will just get Power leveled, then immediately rush to where the highest level character is and then they'll proceed to start where he is, without stopping to appreciate the work that went into the earlier parts, which is always bad, especially for an RPG with a storyline, they won't know what's going on.

Heroes- as long as you have around 10ish GOOD, BALANCED, UNIQUE heroes it should be fine. However, if you feel that you can add more to enhance it and still keep all the heroes GOOD, BALANCED AND UNIQUE then go for it, but always remember, quality>>quantity.

8 seems like a fine number. Basically, as long as its above 1 its fine for a multiplayer map, although lowering it almost seems better, as that way there won't be as big of a chance of a major idiot coming in and fucking up the game for everyone.

As many as you can reasonably fit in without them being redunant.

No. Cinematics are hard to do right, just use in game transmissions, and if you really have to, pause the characters. To continue with dialog you can just make it so that people can hit escape or something.

NONONO. This is the most aggravating thing you can do. You want to scroll to see what's around you, only to get stuck. You want to see how your allies are faring, and you're stuck. This is never a good thing to have. Never ever. Ever.

skullkidd

Reaction score
A bit un-original but aren't we all? :D

-Yes! I want to own this and own it again with others! :)
-The current amount of heroes is a good amount methinks. For the heroes, it depends. Are they triggered and fun enough for someone to use for a long time? Is it customable for each player even with the same hero? Or is it just repeating the same thing over and over. Twenty for an early version is good... quite a lot. I think it's a good set for now.
-It depends on how long you want the players to be with the story and how long you want them to free-play. I think you should have at least like 1 - 3 main quests at each "zone/area", and a few other minor quests such as "Killing 10 Boars" in the areas, too.
-No! I love watching the cinematics in the beginning - ... in the beginning. No point repeating it. :D Maybe with the first release version, you could put a cinematic in it, just as a greater introduction.
-What do you mean? Like with "Follow unit" view? Um, to put it simply, I hate that. The normal WCIII view is nice enough. With all the zoomed in/follow camera views, it gets hard to make quick turns and stuff if you click a few times.

Good luck with this. If you need any help, I'm here. :thup:

1. Alright I'll strongly think about adding one. (and don't forget i have to learn how, but i am a quick learner)

2. Yah i'm happy with the 20 as well. I mean its only 1.0

3. Well yah, i don't want to stray away from the main quest too far, but I know I will definitely have a hand full in each particular area.

4. not putting any... don't think i need it

5. Well what if i had it so you can zoom in and zoom really far out. I tried that and thats working fine. So that is a option too.

And who doesn't need help :D Are you any good with making abilities?

No. RPGs with a storyline should be played from start to finish. If you add a save/load system people will just get Power leveled, then immediately rush to where the highest level character is and then they'll proceed to start where he is, without stopping to appreciate the work that went into the earlier parts, which is always bad, especially for an RPG with a storyline, they won't know what's going on.

Heroes- as long as you have around 10ish GOOD, BALANCED, UNIQUE heroes it should be fine. However, if you feel that you can add more to enhance it and still keep all the heroes GOOD, BALANCED AND UNIQUE then go for it, but always remember, quality>>quantity.

8 seems like a fine number. Basically, as long as its above 1 its fine for a multiplayer map, although lowering it almost seems better, as that way there won't be as big of a chance of a major idiot coming in and fucking up the game for everyone.

As many as you can reasonably fit in without them being redunant.

No. Cinematics are hard to do right, just use in game transmissions, and if you really have to, pause the characters. To continue with dialog you can just make it so that people can hit escape or something.

NONONO. This is the most aggravating thing you can do. You want to scroll to see what's around you, only to get stuck. You want to see how your allies are faring, and you're stuck. This is never a good thing to have. Never ever. Ever.

1. Hmm, first no i got. I do see your point on what you are saying and I will keep that in mind. Thanks

2. I think my twenty are fine. i'll keep it at that.

3. Of course

4. Yah good ideas, but I think i'm just gonna let cinimatics slide on this.

5. Interesting. I might make it so you can turn it off if you must.

THANKS YOU GUYS FOR YOUR COMMENTS. THEY REALLY HELP!!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
WolSHaman, you got a point there with the save-load code thing. But still, I hate having to start all over again. Even RPG's with consoles - you save a file. Perhaps saving also brings you to where you saved, instead of being able to just power-level people. So it's sorta' like a solo save, but you can still help others if you start a new one or have the same save/load area.

xAnaMorphine

Reaction score
Looks good, the story sounds good, I think you map will be good.

Quick Question:

Will you protect your map? - If yes, why? - If yes, maybe give me some triggers?

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
WolSHaman, you got a point there with the save-load code thing. But still, I hate having to start all over again. Even RPG's with consoles - you save a file. Perhaps saving also brings you to where you saved, instead of being able to just power-level people. So it's sorta' like a solo save, but you can still help others if you start a new one or have the same save/load area.

Console RPGs are different though-- in those you HAVE to start from the beginning, with very few exceptions, you have to play through it all and get the story. Not so in a multiplayer RPG, where one person has the power to just rapidly level everyone else and have them miss half the rpg.

skullkidd

Reaction score
Looks good, the story sounds good, I think you map will be good.

Quick Question:

Will you protect your map? - If yes, why? - If yes, maybe give me some triggers?

Well yah probably. Since I am putting so much work into this I would flip if anyone stole it. But why you need help? I would be happy to help with any of the triggers I used.

UPDATE CHECK IT OUT JULY 20TH

T

the2875

How is the WoW inventory system put together and is there a thread tutorial on it? Besides that I'm looking forward to this RPG. I think there should be a save/load but the heroes should not load in a town depending on their level. So a level one hero would start in the same spot as a level 100 hero.

skullkidd

Reaction score
Well its not exactly like it, but it was the easyest way to put it :p You'll just have to wait and see. Also I'm not quite sure what you meen by the save/load system. Explain more?

skullkidd

Reaction score
UPDATED

well I don't know the rules on bumping... but I really could use comments. I need testers!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.