Life's Simple Pleasures

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
Life travels past you faster than you can imagine. One moment you're at school and the next you're planning your daughter's wedding. It truly is one big rush to the next chapter of a book that isn't looking so very long after all. When will it ever stop?

I remember appreciating the birds and bees that existed in my backyard. I remember lifting up settled rocks that revealed a whole network of life beneath them. Insects of every kind going about their lives next to a sea of cement. Now that I look back on it, I find it disgusting to think that we as humans have so little respect for what's around us. Destroying trees-- forests. What have we become?

When will we stop driving our cars, stop worrying about the water bill, and stop worrying about that nagging little voice in the back of our heads, screaming to get going in life. I want to hear the birds again. I want to see those little bugs again. Why has my life suddenly become so complicated?

I'll look up into the stars tonight, cherishing its presence. Knowing that so many people work viciously throughout their entire lives, not stopping to think for a moment that they only occupy the tiniest of a fraction of time in this universe.

I can walk away from my office cubical comfortably now, knowing that when I get home I'll be able to admire even the simplest of things in life. Maybe now life will slow down just a little bit more for me.

Thanks for reading,

--Beetle

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.