Spell Lightning Bolt

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
Heh, another spell by me (I just love making spells...). This one is pretty simple.

Lightning Bolt
Creates a bolt of static electricity which falls on an enemy unit, causing the ground to tremble and shake from its power. Gives a 20% chance on cast to Purge a unit for 5 seconds and a 20% chance to paralyze, disabling movement and attack for 2.5 seconds. (20% to cast Purge, 20% to cast Paralyze, 60% to do only the damage)

Level 1 - 80 damage.
Level 2 - 170 damage.
Level 3 - 260 damage.
Level 4 - 350 damage.

Note: The camera shakes only for the player who casted the ability, not for everyone. You can edit that if you want.

Screenshot:
lightningboltea9.jpg

Spell is in GUI. Updated!

Changelog:
v1.00
• Submited
v1.01
• Edited a little the Hero Tester
• Added instructions how to copy the spell
v1.02
• Shortened the trigger

Offtopic: just one question. If I remove all the files from Manage Attachments will they stay in my posts?

Attachments

• [Spell] Lightning Bolt v1.02.w3x
    72.3 KB · Views: 751
Reaction score
Cool spell, a bit simple but cool.

And for the question: They will disappear. (afaik)

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
I think the trigger needs to be edited, but after a few hours I'm going to my grandma's house for the vacation... I'm sure I'll be home in a week to fix it.

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
Your trigger can be shortened by ALOT ! All the 4 levels just increased the damage done . Why not do it in the Object Editor with the damage value ? This way , you can remove 3 redundant If/Then/Else actions .

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
Your trigger can be shortened by ALOT ! All the 4 levels just increased the damage done . Why not do it in the Object Editor with the damage value ? This way , you can remove 3 redundant If/Then/Else actions .

I'm gonna edit it now, but it's not guaranteed, because after a few minutes I have to go... Maybe I'll have time to fix that, if not then in a week.
EDIT: Updated. The trigger is shortened, but I'm not sure if it still works. I'm going to test it now
EDIT2: I tested it and I didn't find any bugs.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good!

I suggest though that you shake the camera for the the enemy player too (still not all the players, just the caster and target). But as you said, the user can do if he wishes so...

Approved!

cr4xzZz

Reaction score
Good!

I suggest though that you shake the camera for the the enemy player too (still not all the players, just the caster and target). But as you said, the user can do if he wishes so...

Approved!

*happy* my first approved spell :D

G

gonecase

Do these trigger leak?

nice spell, gonna test then edit the post

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
The spell itself will work fine, however the test map template is outdated and won't allow the map to be tested (LHV-abusing creep revival system, etc.).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.