Limiting Heros

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Ok, basically this is what I have. I have 81 Heros on a Map I created. The Techtree-equivalents-Hero in the GamePlay Constants, ONLY allows up to 52. Now, for the Hero to be under the '3 Hero Max' limit it has to be listed in that area of the GamePlay Constants, CUSTOM OR NOT, correct?? Meaning, even the 'standard' Heros that are already IN the Game have to be listed there correct?? I thought there you could create an Array that would cover those Heros beyond that 52 Limit. It has been a LONG time since I have made Maps. PLEASE, any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU

SanKakU

Reaction score
well, that's fine if you want to increase the number of heroes...but it may mean you need an alternate way to select the heroes for the players. there are ways to no longer allow a player to buy heroes by counting how many they're getting by another way. one way is you can give the player a unit that loses 1 mana each time you summon/pick a new hero and then start the mana at 3 and when it gets to 0 you kill the unit. and the unit was the requirement(altar) to get the hero.

this means though that you might not be using tiers for your eroes. i assumed this was te case, as players don't normally use tiers in teir maps.

Leatherneck

Reaction score
Well, not really. I do use tiers in my Maps. I make the Map to be, more or Less, like a WC3 Map. Of course No food, Lumber, those sort of things for the Units. But, for the Most Part, its the same. What the Problem is, ALL the Heros Not in the GamePlay Constants Techtree equivalents-Hero Listing, u r allowed to Train ALL of them, Once.The limit for the Techtree is 52, I have a total of 93 So, 41 of those Heros are outside that restriction. Of course, the MOST you are allowed to have in ANY Game is 20, so, if people get the Races with the Heros Not in the TechTree, they can get 20 of them! I thought I had seen a trigger Array that more or less copied the limit the gameplay Constants placed on Heros. Maybe not, but thought I had. Thats What I am looking for! Thank you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.