Linking maps

zom

Reaction score
I'm trying to make an rpg map, and i want to connect smaller dungeon maps to it, but i cant do it on the same map as i hav ran out of room. In the Founding of Durotar Campaign, you hav to go to the Thunder Ridge Area, which is in a different map. So i want to know how to link maps so players can go from one map to the other by a portal. Can anyone help? :confused:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
doesnt work in multiplayer.
in singleplayer you have to use game cache to move data from one map to an other. there is a trigger action to change the current map.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
What you could do, which I do; is to create a dungeon in the outer corner of the map (make the map very large) and then set the available camara zone to that dungeon - making you feel like being in 2 defferent maps ;)

zom

Reaction score
Ok, I have created a game cache from the main map, but how do i add data? sorry, i'm not that good with triggers :(

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Okay, I saw someone say this isn't possible. I think this is false. And yeah, this thread is pretty old. But listen, the new version of an orpg called Cot ORPG has something called an arena. You use it, choose a difficulty, etc, and you appear in another map you could not see ANYWHERE on the original map. Its extremely small aswell, boundries and everything, you cant see the other parts of the original map. I don't know how it was done, though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.