Darthtoast

Let's start with my system stats:
AMD 1900+
Abit KX7-333
512MB PC2700
Abit Ti4600
Win2k Pro
Drivers: 30.82

I'm running the game at 1024x768x16 with graphics quality on medium, effects on low, textures on 40% and view distance at 88%.

My problem is the fact that my fps is jumping from 10-80 or so. All the time, no matter where I'm looking. I can still play and do quite well, it's just the fact that I would assume my computer would be able to play the game fine at those settings considering the specs even though I play with 32 players. I mean I can play with 22 bots in the SP demo with higher settings than that AND the computer has to THINK for them...

/me is frustrated

L

LT.Homer Simpson

Darth use the ram tweak trick and try that gforce crash fix post I did--it seems to also stabilize the fps---also window mode is more stabile too--just try and see if any help

D

Darthtoast

Tried the RAM and the windowed mode. Of course.. as soon as I go to play online all the good servers with lots of people are full. I played a bit in a smaller one and the framerate seemed fine. My only problem now is the fact that a) windowed mode is a bit small (maybe I'll go 1280) and b) I keep getting these seemingly random 5-15 second freezes. Of course, they always happen at convenient times and I always wake up dead.

It was funny, with windowed mode I watched the ram program show me how much free ram I had. When I opened the game it went from 400 to 70, then slowly back up to 255. Pretty damn sad!

L

LT.Homer Simpson

You have to open the shortcut properties and pick the window size--its in the run box---choose maximise and it will give you a full max screen----same place you put the heapsize tweak.
Make a desktop shortcut to the game. Right click it, now choose properties. A window should appear, at the bottom you see Run:
there is where you choose max.

Also add this to the target line---bf1942.exe -heapsize 128000

L

LT.Homer Simpson

Ok here is my shortcut properties for bf1942

Attachments

• shortcut.bmp
    76.7 KB · Views: 355
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.