Little question about dummy units

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapguy

Reaction score
when I play DOTA I see that some dummy units have no LOCUST ability.

for example, u can click an see the health bar of CHARGE, EARTH SPLIT, etc...

This is on purpose because dummy units have some bugs or DOTA maker just don't know about LOCUST ability?

Lifee

Reaction score
when I play DOTA I see that some dummy units have no LOCUST ability.

for example, u can click an see the health bar of CHARGE, EARTH SPLIT, etc...

This is on purpose because dummy units have some bugs or DOTA maker just don't know about LOCUST ability?

Are you fucking kidding ? dota is the best game ever you cant see fucking dummy units get some glasses

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
Lol, weird question you have, dude.
Nah, I think that, sometimes, WC3 bugs and you see random health-bars and you think those are the health-bars of the dummy units when they're not.

Either that, or WC3 bugs and temporarily reveals those hidden health-bars..
Hmm..

Not their fault, though.

And it's DotA, not DOTA.
Also, please, if you have a point to make, use the [ u ] and [ /u ] tags.
Maybe even the [ b ] and [ /b ] tags.
They look less annoying, imo.

[EDIT]
@Lifee
No.
We do not lash out at other people like that.
It's wrong.

mapguy

Reaction score
Are you fucking kidding ? dota is the best game ever you cant see fucking dummy units get some glasses

sorry man, Dota is not perfect, it has some bugs...

but this topic is not about if Dota is good or not.

and man, please, get leshrac now and use earth split, U'll see a clickable unit with health bar called "ability dummy only"

and also try getting lina and use than stun, ull see another clickable unit with health bars.

also shoot the clockwreck's goblin missile, it's clickable.

use charge and a dummy unit with health bar and clickable appears on that unit's foot (this happends only sometimes).

I think u need glasses, because I see a lot of it in DOTA.

And I only know one locust bug: if u revive a dummy hero with locust it loses locust, which means u can add and remove locust from a unit, u just have to kill it XD

SineCosine

Reaction score
What version are you playing, mapguy? o.0

[EDIT]
Ugh, why do I even bother?

Lifee

Reaction score
6.67c you mean.

Well, I've seen Lina's dummy before. It certainly showed a life bar. But not sure about the latest version.

How i've played 5 years dota, and haven't ever seen 1 bug or dummy unit

You playing fake version or what

mapguy

Reaction score
6.67c you mean.

Well, I've seen Lina's dummy before. It certainly showed a life bar. But not sure about the latest version.

SEE!?

I don't need glasses.

I just want to know if that's on purpose or he just forgot to add locust to the unit.
(that wont be first time a stupid bug shows up).

----------
SHUT UP LIFE.
U don't know what ur talking about.
ur just protecting the map because u think it's the best game ever!
and I'm sorry to tell you, but it's not.
and it had and has some bugs.
ur just too noob to see them.

IF u want examples of more bugs send me a private message and we can talk.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
How i've played 5 years dota, and haven't ever seen 1 bug or dummy unit

You playing fake version or what

For your information, I've been playing for 6 years. And no, I downloaded from www.getdota.com. And unless Garena uses DoTA fake versions, no, it certainly isn't a fake map.

I think it may be a bug, or may not be. It's IceFrog, he uses game cache, come on =.="

Lifee

Reaction score
Uhh, Why's Lifee taking so much offense at these comments?

I like dota man, that guy saying dota is bugged and saying there are showing dummy units for many spells,i haven't played dota from 1 month,but i go play now dota.Im sure i wont see dummy units ...

SineCosine

Reaction score
Times like these make me lose hope in humanity.
Yes, the little things that make me wanna' cry for our future.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I like dota man, that guy saying dota is bugged and saying there are showing dummy units for many spells,i haven't played dota from 1 month,but i go play now dota.Im sure i wont see dummy units ...

That doesn't give you the right to flame at somebody. So you're saying that if someone says DotA isn't a great game, you have the rights to swear, curse and flame at him? I believe you're at least 15 years and above, so I believe you should know your moral values.

canons200

Reaction score
yup, i also see the dummy before, i simple highlight my hero with a bigger size, i manage to highlight the dummy too, in the end, my selection consist of 2 units, anyway it does not harm. And it appears sometime, don't know how and what to trigger it.

But still, dota is a better game among all the other, it existed so long, from 1.0 to 6.67c? (i not play from 1.0, play from 5.84b, that time omnislash + bladefury very nice)

sarkurayboy

Reaction score
I can explain why there's a health bar after using Lina's stun and TMS's stun skills. These 2 skills are created based on a basic skill called Inferno , just some change of effects , damage , stun duration. Why the health bar? Cuz the Inferno skill will not deal damage to anything if the dummy unit summoned has the Locust ability. Hence they do not use locust dummy unit , instead they give their dummy a short Life-Time (which is editable in the skill in object editor). Lets say Lina's stun has a 0.5 sec delay , the dummy unit has to last more then 0.5 sec . Hopes this helps. =)

Never_Quit

Reaction score
Guess the guy who made the spell decided it didn't matter. It wasn't necessarily icefrog who made the spell. There could be multiple people working with him on the map (anyone actually know?).

Probably just a mistake or laziness. You would think that all of the dummy units would be the same unit, so that the map works more efficiently.

Seprest

Reaction score
Uhh, Why's Lifee taking so much offense at these comments?

Mapguy is one of the rudest and vaguest people on these fourms; he practically incites arguments with his posts and I do not mistake this for being on accident. This topic is essentially about whether or not dummy units have bugs, however it was put into the context of DoTA along with an insult against the most known and played map in the history of WC3.

IMHO, let's get back to the discussion about why dummy units potentially glitch, or if they even do. This does not a bashfest about the skill/methods of DoTA's designers. Almost all of these posts could be made into suggestions instead of a back and forth pseudo argument..

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.