Loading a map

S

shimq1

When I try to load a map nothing happens. It doesn't crash or take me back to the desktop, it just doesn't load. The progress bar doesn't move an inch. I have Geforce 2 MX 440, Athlon XP 1800+, 512 MB Ram.

Dabom

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Have you updated your chipset drivers? Can you provide any more information about your system?

S

shimq1

I have updated my Geforce 2 MX440 to 44.71. The latest version is 45.23 but when I update to that version my Warcraft 3, NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, and Madden NFL 2004 all have some kind of missing artwork problem. So I'm sticking to version 44.71.

S

shimq1

I fixed the problem. I just had to turn the resolution down to the lowest. But now there's another problem. The mouse pointer won't move when I start the game. This problem started while I was playing and I got a blue screen telling me the problem. It wasn't my RAM's problem so it must have been a program problem. I have Windows XP Professional Edition.

Dabom

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Wow -- really? I haven't heard of that fix before.

Your system can handle a higher resolution than 640*480, so I would suggest turning it up one or two notches to see if that corrects your new problem. This can be done by doing the following:

Browse to EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings\Profiles\<your profile>, open Video.con, find "game.setGameDisplayMode," and change "640 480" to "800 600" to start with.

If your mouse is USB, are you by any chance using a PS/2 adapter with it? Those can be known to cause some problems.

I'd also suggest taking a look at your log file.

S

shimq1

I don't think there was a log file. I only got a link a Microsoft support site which led me to http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp. I used it to check for problems in my RAM but there wasn't any. Now there is no way for me to play Battlefield 1942, I even reinstalled the game. Just forget about this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.