Loading Flying Units

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
I am making a D&D map, and I am trying to make a spawner like in DoBRP. I am trying to get it to pick up flying units, but I can't get it to work. :( Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :)

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
I don't think this is possible. At least not without JASS or at the very least a major trigger. The targeting for the Goblin Zepplins Load and Cargo Hold abilities seem to have no affect on who it allows you to load. A rather simple trigger/ability could be made to store an array of however many units you want to hold, but I have no idea how you would go about implementing the view of the cargo hold that the Blizzard transports have. You would not be able to see what your carrying.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
or maybe a dummy unit for each flying unit ingame...would be able to store all the info too, in fact im going to go make a trigger to do it right now...

Sargon

Reaction score
You could make a dummy unit with the same icon as the flying unit, but is a ground unit. Then you could create it at the position of the flying unit, order the transport to load it, store the flying unit to a variable and hide it. Then, when the dummy unit is unloaded, you can move the flying unit to the position of the dummy unit and unhide it, then remove the dummy unit.

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
Hmmm. . . There must be some better way. I saw it done on the QuatreDan's D&D Experience map, but they removed the GUI triggers.

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
Awesome idea. You guys are good. Now I feel bad for being so pessimistic.

:whispers: Why didn't I think of that?! :banghead:

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
weird i have this trigger and for some reason its doing nothing
Code:
Load Unit
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Load Air Unit 
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Flying Machine
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Replace (Target unit of ability being cast) with a Flying Machine (Dummy) using The old unit's relative life and mana
                Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Load (Last replaced unit)
                Wait until (((Last replaced unit) is being transported) Equal to False), checking every 1.00 seconds
                Unit - Replace (Last replaced unit) with a Flying Machine using The old unit's relative life and mana
            Else - Actions
any ideas?

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
None, sorry. Do you think I could remove the Air unit classification and add Ground unit classification before it tries to pick it up?

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
The event should be:
Code:
Unit - A unit [B]begins[/B] casting an ability

Otherwise the condition is comparing something to a non-existant ability. The ability isn't being cast; it has been cast.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
still isnt working...

Rad

Reaction score
Maybe you should use this event:
Code:
Unit - A unit Is loaded into a transport

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
no cant do that, since you cant even usse the load ability on an air unit so it wont register. (i tried anyway) note that the ability i am using is a custom one based off cripple that does nothing and targets air units.

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
Just a couple of possibilities:

1. Make sure you unit has the regular Load ability.
2. Make sure that the Flying Machine (Dummy) is a ground unit and not an air one.
3. Make sure you are targeting a Flying Machine.

Very obvious possibilities, but mistakes do happen. Especially forgetting a step.

Axe.killer

Reaction score
Base it off a footy or something. Then change the model and icon and soundset and height base ( to make the illusion of fly)

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
lol...it has load ability, it is a ground unit, it is a flying machine, and it is based off a footy. :nuts: anyway it doesnt even replace the unit so the problem is that action or before it.

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
Perhaps it does replace the unit, but because the unit does not load right away, it changes it back almost instantly. Try adding another wait that waits until it has been loaded. Then it will wait until it is unloaded.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
yay! i havent tried but i know thats it, i noticed a reset of the animation when i used it...yahoo! it works thanks guys, heres the final trigger
Code:
Load Unit
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Load Air Unit 
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Flying Machine
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Replace (Target unit of ability being cast) with a Flying Machine (Dummy) using The old unit's relative life and mana
                Unit - Order (Last replaced unit) to Board (Casting unit)
                Wait until (((Last replaced unit) is being transported) Equal to True), checking every 1.00 seconds
                Wait until (((Last replaced unit) is being transported) Equal to False), checking every 1.00 seconds
                Unit - Replace (Last replaced unit) with a Flying Machine using The old unit's relative life and mana
            Else - Actions

make sure to make a dummy unit for each flying unit and an ability that does nothing. this will be in my free trigger codes map once i update it.

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
Shouldn't you be able to do
Code:
Unit - Remove A flying unit classification from (UNIT)
Unit - Add A ground unit classification to (UNIT)
and then load the unit?

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
Maybe. The trigger would be nearly the same as the current one, except that instead of switching units, you switch classifications.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.