Loading next map

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi!

How i have to do in order to load the next map after the player wins?

I tried with "Set next map" before "End game for player" but it doesnt work.

In the "Set next map" i wrote the entire path of the file of the nex map between " ". It's right?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
As far as I know this can not be done for anything but a singleplayer map, which you can only launch from your own computer. The player will have to download additional info from within the map, which is currently not possible (As far as I know).

But I have not tried working with it, so I'm sorry, how it's actually done, I cant help you with.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I think for Map Name you only need to enter the name of your map, not the entire path as it will automatically search your map folder. Also this function does not work when playing on Battle.net (you have to use offline mode for it to work).

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I found the issues... there are 3 conditions to match in order to have the loading process succesfully done

1- the "next" map must be in the folder "Maps" of your SC2 install directory. (you can create more subdirectories to arrange files)
2- in the trigger action you have to write only the name of the map with no " " (if your map is in a subdir you have to write nameofsubdir\namemap.sc2Map )
3- in the trigger action "end game for player" you have to hide dialog window and hide score screen.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I found the issues... there are 3 conditions to match in order to have the loading process succesfully done

1- the "next" map must be in the folder "Maps" of your SC2 install directory. (you can create more subdirectories to arrange files)
2- in the trigger action you have to write only the name of the map with no " " (if your map is in a subdir you have to write nameofsubdir\namemap.sc2Map )
3- in the trigger action "end game for player" you have to hide dialog window and hide score screen.
Just a friendly reminder;
If you ever uninstall SC2, everything in the folder - including maps - will be deleted instantly and permanently. So for your own sake, remember to make the editor create backups in a folder that is not inside the SC2 install dir.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.