loading screen

Pyromancer

Reaction score
ok, i need help making the loading screen for a map.... in the tutoriel, i got to where you import it, and somehow, they have this mdx file too. its the texture for the loading screen ig geuss, but where did they get it, and whats it for?
more clearly stated:
i can get the screen resized, reformatted, imported, but why is there, where did you get it? :confused: :(

thx in advance,

Pyromancer

D

Dipski

im guessing its just a file to lay the loading bar on top and format it to the proper specifications of the WorldEditor

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
...What? That's...sort of the point, Dipski.

Anyway....

I believe that it is a very small tidbit of coding that tells the editor to stretch the image (usually 512x512) and only use THAT image. I can't exactly describe what I mean, but I will say how the weird editor does it originally.

By default, Warcraft III takes FOUR IMAGES and seams them together to make the loading screen, then it simply slaps on the loading bar wherever it goes (perhaps the tidbit of coding says which loading bar to use, but that's beside the point). Now usually this is crappy because who wants to make the perfect loading screen and then slice it into four equal squares and then somehow feed it to WC? The easiest method is to have it only use one image, and that's exactly what LoadingScreen.mdx does.

Pyromancer

Reaction score
the one is only in one peice... heres an attachment of blp. and still, where do you find the loading bar thing (mdx file)

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
Pyromancer said:
the one is only in one peice... heres an attachment of blp. and still, where do you find the loading bar thing (mdx file)

Its in the tutorial, under "Tools Needed"

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Rinpun said:
...What? That's...sort of the point, Dipski.

Anyway....

I believe that it is a very small tidbit of coding that tells the editor to stretch the image (usually 512x512) and only use THAT image. I can't exactly describe what I mean, but I will say how the weird editor does it originally.

It duz it with UVW unwrap :) The texture vertexes say

0% , 0% (Bottom Left)
100% , 0% (Bottom Right)
0%, 100% (Top Left)
100%, 100% (Top Right)

So no matter what aspect you make your texture, its gonna stretch to fit.

The reason we use 512x512, is because its 1/4 the file size of 1024x768 :D

D

dsj1589

Model

Ya when i made my custom loading screen I followed all the steps right and checked too. But when i tested it and played my map the laoding screen was all black. What do I do?... cause my load screen picture is so cool.

D

dsj1589

Anyone

Anyone know why my screen is black? Was the tutorial model faulty or what?

SomeGuy333

Reaction score
i would suggest Downloading the warcraft 3 image extractor II and finding the images you need to replace there. doing that will also allow you to keep the images that show who still hasn't finished loading and leave it set to default. just add the map name and description to the image.

S

Sheep_Quest

Step by step..

1. Create a new image for your loadingscreen,
2. Resize your new image to 512x512
3.Save it as .tga
4. use some tool to convert your new loadingscreen texture into .blp (wc3 image extractor 2 is a good option)
5.Import the Loadingscreen Texture into your map (the blp file)
6. Change its path to "Fullscreen.blp"
7. Import your loadingscreen.mdx file
8. remove the "war3imported" from the path so its only called "loadingscreen.mxd"
9. Go to the loading screen menu where you select your map loadingscreen and select imported file and use the loadingscreen.mdx file

10. you are done with your loadingscreen Hope this helps..

If you dont have Wc3 image extractor 2 you can get it Here

If you dont have the loadingscreen.mdx file i have attached it here

Attachments

• LoadingScreen.mdx
    1.3 KB · Views: 172

Pyromancer

Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :D :D :D the only trouble i was really having was finding the mdx thing, but you attached it, so again thx alot! also, thx for the step by step thing (alot clearer than the tutoreil (almost (actualy, alittle lower (but still really good)))) :cool:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.