Locations

D

DragoonBbG

How do you make it so that if I'm making a micro map where I set players ( TvZ ) and that when they eliminate the others units on their square of land, Units are created again so they can battle a different matchup. I can't make it so that locations work. Bottom line, how do you create locations for units to spawn at, etc.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
You dont 'create' locations in-game. You just gotta make all the locations in the map.

F

-fool-

You go to the location layer, and just drag a rectangle and it makes a location.

V

victimchild

If you want to move a location, so that the units spawn at that location, you should first create a location as big as one that would be stationary named L1 or something. Next, use the trigger:

Condition:
Always

Action:
Move location (L1) to observer (or any other unit. It would be smart to make that unit invincible)
Preserve trigger.

Now create a civ and a beacon at some remote location on the map like a cliff. Create a location on the beacon named L2, and place the civ nearby.

Condition:
when P1 commands at most 0 units
P1 commands 1 civilian at L2

Action:
Create 1 hatchery at L1
Create 4 drones at L1

Make sure you make the location big enough to fit all of that in it. And remember that you can only have one ob. You could have two, but the location wouldn't follow both. Maybe this wasn't what you wanted. Did you want the AI to Spawn somewhere randomly?

D

DragoonBbG

Nah thanks guys I was gettting confused when it was saying "Anywhere", I thought you needed a beacon or a flag or some doodad to make it work. Thx for the help. Ima come back if I need more since other places were clueless. Thanks again. :)

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
I had this problem to, do what the dude in the first post says.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.