LOD 1.08 problem

G

Background:
a) open characters
b) installed the LOD while having version 1.06
c) converted all characters
d) decided to "upgrade" to version 1.08
e) did just that and guess what? And here's the problem:
My main character, a lvl 73 Bowazon, and my mule character (created today) simply wont convert to 1.08. I converted and all characters show up. All are playable except for the Bowazon and the mule. Uninstall, install, patch 1.06 = the Bowazon and mule turns up ... and are playable. Install 1.08 and the rest of the gang appears and are playable. Except for the Bow and Mule. Argghh?

Please, for the sake of my sanity, little left of it right now, give a helping hand here?

Arwen

N

Nharre

Hi, I'm not completely sure but I followed the following route and everything on my machine is fine.

1) don't install LOD until you have changed the Original Diablo II version by using the original game patch to patch to version 1.08. Then play , or at least enter the game to have the game convert your characters to the latest character save file formats.
2) Uninstall Diablo II (Keep your characters of course)
3) Reinstall Diablo II (Multiplayer option)
4) DON'T APPLY ANY PATCHES
5) Install LOD
6) patch LOD to the latest version v1.08

This should work.

Hope it does

G

Thanks for trying to help out. I actually think I did all that which you suggest last night and to no avail. My char's are divided in a bunch that agrees with 1.06 and one that feels comfy with 1.08. Damn it! Could it be that they carry something on them that the patch disapproves of? They have both received items from other players, but all those players are straight so that idea stinks. I'm lost here.

Arwen

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.