Logic behind two-page logins

mpksingh

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me the logic behind this two-page (one here and the other before map submission) login system? Is it absolutely necessary? My logic behind this question is that I have not been able to login at the other page for the last several days despite putting in correct info and no clue/solution found/provided so far.
My request is, make the journey possible with just one login system if it is not going create a Tsunami of sorts.

Best regards
mpksingh

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Hello, mpksingh.

First of all, you have to understand that the WC3 map system was created a really long time ago, by volunteers. A long time ago means about 10 years, if I remember correctly. This means that at the time it was probably too complicated to implement the map submission system into the forum system.

Second, the WC3 community is pretty much dead, at least here at TH. That means that the volunteers who created the map submission system are long gone and it wouldn't be practical to do the work required to update the system. At least this is my opinion, TheHelper could come with a more definite response.

However, why does it matter so much? Why not just submit the map on the forum? As I said, the mapping community is pretty much dead here so I don't think it would make much difference.

mpksingh

Reaction score
Dear monoVertex,

Went to sleep with my last post, woke up a couple of minutes ago and found your one-liner alternate solution. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
mpksingh

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
The WET map submission is a holdover from our previous forum software, vBulletin. The login system was built to integrate with the vB database and doesn't currently work with xenForo. I haven't really tried to make it compatible (I was not the one who coded that site, so I'm unfamiliar with the code) because WC3 isn't getting much traffic anymore. The game is over 10 years old, so I just don't feel like putting much effort into it these days. lol

mpksingh

Reaction score
Dear Ghan,

Those are enough informations for educating a member like me. However, I'll continue to visit whenever I am free and try to upload my not-so-good maps whether one uses them or not. A technically handicapped member like me can not do more than this. Feel really happy to have your response.

Best regards,
mpksingh

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.