Looking for a PHP IDE with..

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
... just this one feature that I've been nagging to have =/
I haven't been able to search for it because I don't know what it's called.
I currently use Aptana Studio and it is pretty good but it doesn't have what I want (or maybe it does and I don't know how to get it working.)

You know, with Visual Studio, you use the #include pre-processor directive and IntelliSense automatically reads the file specified and provides code completion for it (along with other things), right?

Is there a PHP IDE that provides the same thing for include() and include_once()?
I find it a chore to have to continuously change tabs just to read the code, then lose my train of thought on occasion.

Aptana Studio has code completion, but only if the function/class is in the file you are editing, you can't "include" another file and have it provide code completion for functions/classes in that other file. (Or, I haven't figured out how to enable it..)

Right now, everything else is pretty much secondary; I just want this one little feature.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I find it a chore to have to continuously change tabs just to read the code, then lose my train of thought on occasion

I don't know that particular program, but more & higher-resolution screens is always good for that, since then you can look it up without changing your primary window, and you won't lose your train of though when you revert back to it

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use NetBeans. By the sounds of things that does exactly what you want as it will autocomplete for your own functions, even in different files.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
I don't have the luxury of a nice desktop with three screens =(
(All I have is a laptop to work from; useful, since I am hardly ever home.)

Yeah, the "different files" is what I'm really looking for.
I'll give NetBeans a shot, then Eclipse. Thanks, guys!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.