Looking for Capable Spell-makers

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
***this post is taken from the AD Wall that i posted at,but i dont think that section gets visited a lot so im posting it here too,i dont know if its allowed,but i hope it is :( .

Hello guys, i am looking to set up a nice and active team from the TH community that have the will and time to work on a small project, in fact it aint that its small, its just that all depends how much we work on it :)

So, if any of you already has played World of Warcraft,and is familiar with the Arathi Basin battleground, than that is what im planning to work on, for those who are not familiar with the Arathi Basin Battleground feel free to check out the link.

So i've made a 64x64 map, yes its extremely small, i've basically made the terrain,or ... just sort of a template, the terraining needs improvements,a lot. I've made it small intentionally,so it will be real crowded, since it will be 6vs6, i want players to encounter eachother extremely fast,and fight over the bases fiercly, since all 5 of the bases are not far from each other, and it will be pretty hard to keep control over a base for too long.

I myself,like to mess around with the Object Editor,and the Triggering, my experience in triggering is not vast, i still have a lot lot to learn, but, i have been messing around with the editor for quite some years now, so i think that takes me off the Noob Level ... i think :)

What am i looking for ?

I am looking for passionate Spell Makers,that enjoy making the spells,triggering them,wether in JASS or GUI doesn't matter, tho it's a must that all spells to be MUI.

Summer break is coming, i intend to take this project seriously as soon as i get at least 2 more members for the team. The rest can join up later. Today is June 4th, i expect to fully start working on this by June 20th, once again,i say to you, this will be a small fun project that i am certain we will have the pleasure of working on, no pressure at all, no time limits,no rush, just some friendly socializing and working on the World Editor at the same time.
Thanks for reading :)

PS. If interested to fill any of the positions, please feel free to PM me here,at TH.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I could do some spells for you, just fetch me with their description on PM

are you making Wow spells or?

64x64 is indeed very small, not sure how are you going to put the bases in such a tiny map

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I believe -OverpoweR- is planning a much smaller map than WoW3, though I agree that 64x64 is only suitable for hugely minor things. Not maps with 15 bases.

And the "n" in this name is capitalised. Just an FYI. :p

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
Heh =D yeah guys i knows its...way to small :D, i've checked the map, ran it through with some units,and its just perfect, all 5 bases are set-up and routes, the encounter between each faction will be extremely fast ,just the way i thought it'd be :)

@ Dinowc Yes, WoW spells , since im trying to... 'imitate' the original Arathi Basin from WoW :) , i shall send you some descriptions right now,perhaps you'll find the time to make a few spells :)

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Yes, WoW spells
in that case, just give me the spell names (I can use wowhead ;))

OPTIONAL: you might give me the model you're going to use the spell on, so I can adjust the animations for best visual result

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
@KaerfNomekop: Extra '1' in the number of bases there :p

As for the map, are you wanting it like when you can first get in at 20?
Or like at 80?

If it's for 20, I'd go to the spells section of Wowhead and filter the level to a max of 20.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
I was thinking for lvl 80s, since i will include a ... Honor Point system , and than via Honors to buy S7 and S8 , as i imagined,all heroes will start with their maximum level,and with S6, it will be pure PvP :)

keychup

Reaction score
I'm a very able spell maker...though i am gonna start college soon and might not have much time if college is as blood-drenched as people have been telling me. also i mostly make my spells with the interface, but they seem good enough to me.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Even though I'm working on my own map, I can probably help you out with some spells, maybe even let you use a couple of mine?
Browse through my started threads in the Tutorials and Resources section for some of my work.
Most of my spells are graveyarded because I haven't updated them since I quit*

* - I quit like 2-3 years ago from WE'ing, but I've just came back and plan on staying around :)

Rllulium

Reaction score
I might be able to do a few, but I'll only chime in if they are heavy on the trigger part. I do loathe working in the Object Editor.

In any case, how do you plan on distributing the abilities? WoW has alot more spells at 80 than you can fit on a WC3 command card.

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
eh :), since this will be a Warcraft Version of AB, only 5 abilities will be possible for each class, something that we will pick to make PvP more interesting =)

@ Rexpim , please PM me whenever you feel like you can start working with the editor ;)

Rllulium

Reaction score
Alright. Well, tell me if there is any specific ability you might need help with and I'll see what I can do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.