Looking for people to do a map with me

Owner123

The map is going to be based on Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker. Reason being, this used to be one of my favorite games because of all the stuff on the side.

While I know that LoZ systems aren't very suited to WC3, I already have a system for jumping, arrows, hookshot, skullhammer, bombs, and sailing.

I also thought about the problem of not having enough room, so I think we could zoom in the camera by 5 times, and slow every unit down by 5 times, reduce the area of islands by 5 times, et cetera, and we could definetley fit it in a 480x480 map generated by WEU.

I am going to do triggers and systems for sure. Something I'm not good at is terrain. This is a especially hard Terraining job because, what I'm going to do for maps, is have the minimap terrain be the world map. So if you were drawing sectors to put the islands in in the map, they would all have to line up on the minimap.

If you're interested, PM me and we'll talk more (And post here too so others know it's being done.)

I'd like people who at least know what the game is so that they would know how to make the terrain.

Thanks for reading, and, if you do, replying.

EDIT: For those of you who don't believe that zooming in camers would create more space, try this map. But first, go into wc3 options and set youe scroll speeds to the lowest.
View attachment WorldEditTestMap.w3m Open it up in world editor. Oh and I also forgot to slow down the footman in that map, so keep that in mind.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    My boyfriend is super into Bethesda modding so I'm probably going to join him in that for a bit, then move on to making mobile/browser games.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    I mostly just want to look at my old projects because I know I posted uploads on here somewhere.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    My one game was basically Among Us but you sabotaged an entire medieval city simulated drastically inefficiently with dynamic NPCs :S
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    of course I never finished it x D
  • jonas jonas:
    xD
  • jonas jonas:
    I think you can still run the original game, just there's a chance your map won't work with the newer patches
  • jonas jonas:
    what development framework have you been looking at for mobile development?
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm currently creating (as a hobby) a space invaders like game for mobile using Xamarin, after starting a few larger projects that I also may not have finished :rolleyes::p
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Awesome! you should look at the Atari VCS platform it does not have a huge user base but the one it has is super active at around 11k and they have no games in there store
  • The Helper The Helper:
    basically it is linux
  • The Helper The Helper:
    OMG it is BanLord as Blackveiled on the forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    what is up buddy
  • jonas jonas:
    thanks for the tip, that sounds cool. Never heard about the VCS before but seems like it should be a good match
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The winter vacation left a toll on me. I missed staying up late and sleeping in late.
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    i haven't looked into it yet
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    If I could use something Python compatible it would save me some learning
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    But Unity might be easiest
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    looking at old posts here makes me happy. Makes me be all like "wow I was pretty smart in 2009"
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    mostly failing at life through adulthood really demotivated me for a while
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    ....what I don't get is why the fuck they would force us to permanently convert to a version of the game everyone fucking hated : \
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    Raid Shadow Legends texture pack smh
  • jonas jonas:
    Most people fail at life throughout their adulthood. Sometimes we get to learn from it. Usually it just feels like crap.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What does not kill you makes you stronger is what they say
  • C Cherry.Grove:
    for real! :cool:

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome