So, i need
-A good laptop for gaming
-Fast
-Good wireless internetz access
-Good for multitasking
-Good sized screen
-Good battery life
-Will be able to last me for about 4 years
-Able to work with my graphics card, which i think it the Nvida Radeon 7800 (Or something like that, not sure on the #)
-Under $800-$1000, preferably under $800 (For my parents)
-And it would help if the color of it was Like a Nice blue, or dark green.

I was thinking This might be good.

Any suggestions?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Asus Laptop

Pros
Not Dell
Dual 2.1 GHz
Dual 8700M GT 512MB
17.1" Moniter @ 1440 x 900

Cons
$2,099.99
Doesn't eject ice cream from USB ports

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
may i ask why people are turning down dell ??

i mean what does it matter?? most acers, thosiba, hp , compaq , dell etc etc are all assembled in china at compal anyways .

few months ago i had this guy telling me he would never buy HP coz he worked at the HP helpdesk .. so many problems he had to face ...

like there is any difference if u work for acer or dell helpdesk...

Here in town we have an Asus repair centre .. and all the people who work there never buy an Asus . yet asus comes with 2 year world wide warranty ..

btw i am not a share holder of dell :)

RennoC

Reaction score
Ill tell you right now, DO NOT get a laptop! ESPECIALLY FOR GAMING! Wireless sucks on its own anyways and the price for a laptop gaming comp is much more then a regular gaming comp. Youll save money.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yea, dell makes some pretty good laptops. Along with the other major brands. Not like it's a PC where big modifications need to be made.

>>Wireless sucks on its own anyways

Who says you need wireless on a laptop?

Prometheus

Reaction score
I have to recommend Toshiba laptops because of warranty. Good travel coverage.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Well is the laptop in my first post pretty good?
The computer im using now has 2.41 ghz, 1.5GB ram, AMD athlon(tm) 64 processor 3300+ and 250 or 400 gb (not sure) hdd
And the graphics card mentioned in first post.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>Well is the laptop in my first post pretty good?

For gaming it's definitely not, it has an integrated graphics card.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
ive looked and i dont think you can put a graphics card that was made for a desktop in a laptop (not even a white box one).. and for a gaming laptop in the 800-1000 range.. u wont find much either (maybe for like diablo 2 and SC)

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
>>Well is the laptop in my first post pretty good?

For gaming it's definitely not, it has an integrated graphics card.

It built in? Un-removable? X.x

ive looked and i dont think you can put a graphics card that was made for a desktop in a laptop (not even a white box one).. and for a gaming laptop in the 800-1000 range.. u wont find much either (maybe for like diablo 2 and SC)

Are you sure you cant?

Well is there any laptops that are the same as my current desktop i mentioned, because my desktop is perfectly fine and its not a gaming desktop.

duyen

Reaction score
Asus Laptop

Pros
Not Dell
Dual 2.1 GHz
Dual 8700M GT 512MB
17.1" Moniter @ 1440 x 900

Cons
$2,099.99
Doesn't eject ice cream from USB ports

Holy crap that looks awesome.

BTW: I'd go 4gig of ram for those games that have a huge file size, and so you can play 2 games at same time fast :thup:

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
my desktop is perfectly fine and its not a gaming desktop.

why dont u post what specs your looking for.. or atleast what games are intended to be played on this

integrated graphics means it has no removable graphics card and relies on the CPU and system memory which is bad, especially for gaming..

as for a removable graphics card, most laptops dont let you remove/replace their graphics at all (if they have it), usually you are limited to the memory, CPU, and removable drives (hard drives, optical drives, etc.) unless it's a high end gaming laptop (2k+)

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
why dont u post what specs your looking for.. or atleast what games are intended to be played on this

integrated graphics means it has no removable graphics card and relies on the CPU and system memory which is bad, especially for gaming..

as for a removable graphics card, most laptops dont let you remove/replace their graphics at all (if they have it), usually you are limited to the memory, CPU, and removable drives (hard drives, optical drives, etc.) unless it's a high end gaming laptop (2k+)

Ok please respond fast, as im going to Kentucky for a week starting Sunday, and i would like my laptop delivered while im gone.

The specs im looking for are the same as my desktop, which i already posted.
But again, they are 2.41 ghz (Acts only with 1.8 ghz though), 1.5GB ram, AMD athlon(tm) 64 processor 3300+ and 250 or 400 gb (not sure) hdd
And VisionTek Radeon X1550 series graphics card

Thats all! And with a graphics card equal to or better than VisionTek Radeon X1550 series.

And under 1k.

Of course i'd like better, but please match all those stats with something equal or better for under 1k.

If you match all those without the graphics card, but it has a removeable/interchangeable one, that i can put my current one into that be just as good.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Only thing I would change would be to get a faster HD, but thats just me. :)

But the HD is as good as my desktop?
And i dont understand how video card MBs work so im guessing its better just by the number xD

I'm just looking to do multi tasking, fast internet browsing, and playing Wc3, D2 and D3 :)P) WoW, and, Seaworld Tycoon ;)

Prometheus

Reaction score
That laptop is good. Don't bother with my HD comment.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.