Looking to buy monitor

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
The "5 Second Shutoff" that you mentioned as well as the cons @ newegg is the screen adjusting to a new resolution. I had a friend whose monitor would display a message for like 30 seconds saying the resolution had adjusted. Mine does it in about 1-2 seconds. You would notice this when going from desktop resolution to a new resolution in say, games.

I would imagine it would get annoying at times, but you must ask yourself if 5 seconds is much at all. Also, I have never heard of that brand, but that may be because I live in Australia.

I will not suggest a monitor, but try and look for HDMI, 1920x1080 (if @ 24") / 1680x1050 (if @ 22"), 170+ Viewing Angle, <= 5ms response time (This prevents blurring when something is in fast motion) @ the minimum.

Built in speakers are your choice... usually they just add to the cost, and they suck anyway.

You can't really go wrong with the ones above.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
hdmi offers no improvement over DVI besides carrying sound - which your monitor probably wont have/use (like AnthraxXx said, any built-ins suck), so I don't see the reason for getting one with built-in speakers or HDMI, unless they are actually cheaper then a normal one

anyways i found this

samsung 24" for 190 after the coupon 101N9L1R5N1BN

and it comes with a free wireless mouse+keyboard

P.S. my monitor also changes resolutions almost instantly, going from 1920 x 1200 to 1600 x 1200 (max for wc3), don't know why the one you linked cant do that

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
How's this look?
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4396198&CatId=4420

Also seems to have a 36 month warranty. Correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...052&cm_re=Asus_monitor-_-24-236-052-_-Product

The one you posted is slightly better (2MS GTG), but other than that they are pretty much the same. The only reason I'm posting this one is because I have it and it's awesome. I got it when it was on sale for ~$170 though. But the price just kept going up after its popularity.

Viewsonic makes great monitors too, so I'd go with either one.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I approve of what you bought, though I am refusing to get on the "samsung" hype =) I bought an LG big screen some time ago over the comparable samsung model and its been nothing but awesome since the day it got here.

I had a view sonic once upon a time (prolly sitting in a box somewhere) and that monitor was worth every penny as well.

I dont know if I'd buy a widescreen for gaming. Though I've never gamed on a widescreen so I can't form an opinion on whether or not its better

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.