Lots of NUON stuff

dbetz

Reaction score
I have a bunch of NUON-related stuff that I've finally decided I'm never going to get around to using and was wondering if anyone here is interested in it. Here are a few of the items:

Samsung DVD-N501 (with remote)
Samsung DVD-N2000 (with remote)
RCA DRC 480 (includes remote and manual)
Games:
Ballistic (two copies)
Merlin Racing
Tempest 3000 (unopened)
Space Invaders XL (unopened)
Iron Soldier 3
The Next Tetris 2.0
Interactive Sampler Spring 2000
NUON Demo Test Disk 1.0
NUON Composer Kit 1.0 (for writing your own NUON programs)
HPI Stealth controller (unopened)
HPI Stealth controller (used)
Logitech Gamepad for NUON
Samsung controller for NUON
A box of NUON Aries 3.0 chips

If anyone is interested in any of this please feel free to make an offer.

Thanks,
David Betz

3DOMan

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Got pics?I'm definitely interested in some of the items...

gamemaster

Reaction score
Anychance I could get pictures of the demo disc? What version numbers are on tetris and the spring 2000 disk? Is the nuon demo test disk 1.0 the prepress versions from the manufacture?

dbetz

Reaction score
Anychance I could get pictures of the demo disc? What version numbers are on tetris and the spring 2000 disk? Is the nuon demo test disk 1.0 the prepress versions from the manufacture?
The Tetris disk says version 2.0. The Spring 2000 disk doesn't have a version number. I take it there is no interest in any of the hardware?

Matt Fisher

Cool Member
Reaction score
The Tetris disk says version 2.0. The Spring 2000 disk doesn't have a version number. I take it there is no interest in any of the hardware?

I am interested in the Stealth controllers, as well as Tetris, if it is not already spoken for.

gamemaster

Reaction score
The spring 2000 disc, is it the vsda version? It will have a logo on it that says Zuma Digital and PDSC printed on the disc.
Thanks

dbetz

Reaction score
The spring 2000 disc, is it the vsda version? It will have a logo on it that says Zuma Digital and PDSC printed on the disc.
Thanks
I don't see any Zuma Digital or PDSC labels on the disk. All I see around the hub is "0F064A NUONDEMO-01".

dbetz

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in making a single offer for all of the items except maybe the box of NUON Aries 3.0 chips and the RCA player? I don't imagine anyone wants to try building NUON hardware with bare chips and I don't think the RCA player can play NUON games although it does have an Aries 3.0 chip in it I believe.

skip

Reaction score
I'm interested in any or all of the following:

The Next Tetris 2.0
Interactive Sampler Spring 2000
NUON Demo Test Disk 1.0 whatever this is...?
NUON Composer Kit 1.0 (for writing your own NUON programs) whatever this is...?
HPI Stealth controller (unopened)
HPI Stealth controller (used)
Logitech Gamepad for NUON
Samsung controller for NUON
A box of NUON Aries 3.0 chipsprobably just one or two of them, hehe, for the sake of nostalgia...I bet I couldn't just drop it into an N501 could I...?

Please let me know what you'd like for this lot, minus anything anyone else has dibs on. To be honest, I really, really want an HPI Stealth more than anything.

dbetz

Reaction score
This stuff has all been claimed and is on its way to its new owner. Thanks to everyone for their interest. It's good to see there are still people interested in the technology we developed so many years ago.

By the way, I looked over the Nuon Composer Kit and it's just a CD with some tools on it to help studios author NUON-enhanced movies. There isn't an SDK for C development on it. It's a browser-like interface with a javascript-like language (my old Bob language). If anyone is really interested, I made an image of the CD before I shipped it to the buyer and can make it available online.

3DOMan

Reaction score
I have taken on the entire sales lot, and some of the items are duplicates of items I already have in my collection, so anybody who was interested in purchasing individual items can forward your requests to me and I'll see what I can do...

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Same here - any info / stories would be greatly appreciated. I grabbed an N501 and the public SDK the day it was released. It was great for the short time we had forum access to the some of the original team. I would have killed for an official dev system back then. The CDR route was painful, but fun for a while. I never did get to try and assembly coding on the Aries.

dbetz

Reaction score
dbetz, what was your role at VM Labs? I'm always interested in a look behind-the-scenes.
I wrote an early version of the Nuon (then called Merlin) assembler and a simulator for the hardware that we used for software development before we had chips. I also worked on the UI framework and various other things.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.