Lots of Problems

wilze

Reaction score
Hi.

Could you take a look at these triggers for me. I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with them...

Trigger:
  • Sample Terrain
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Sample Terrain
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint_A = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Terrain_A = (Terrain type at TempPoint_A)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint_A)

Trigger:
  • Terrain 1x1
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Terrain 1x1
    • Actions
      • Environment - Change terrain type at TempPoint_A to Terrain_A using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle

Trigger:
  • Terrain 2x2
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Change terrain type at TempPoint_A to Terrain_A using variation -1 in an area of size 1 and shape Circle

Trigger:
  • Terrain 3x3
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions

Edit: Removed some of the triggers that are now working, thanks guys. Still not done though. And how do I update/remove the attachment bellow?

I would be forever in your debt if you helped me with this problem!

Attachments

• RoleplayPlayaround.w3x
    140.9 KB · Views: 200

Baterasis

Reaction score
- In the trigger Spawn Doodad, you need to change 'Target point of issued order' to 'Target point of ability being cast'.

- for trigger Top Left, change 'Trained unit' to 'Sold unit' in every Action line.

- for all of the four triggers in the DMCommands Terrain category, change 'Target point of issued order' to 'Target point of ability being cast'. Also, the event 'Begins casting an ability' is not as reliable as 'Starts the effect of an ability', so you might wanna change that.

I can't help you with those substring triggers, since I don't know anything about that :)

RedOrb

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
There are some things you just can't do, like make a unit start flying by adding a classification. The classification, afaik, affects trigger conditions but that's pretty much it. You may have to use unit replacing or mess with the druid of the talon ability.

wilze

Reaction score
- In the trigger Spawn Doodad, you need to change 'Target point of issued order' to 'Target point of ability being cast'.

- for trigger Top Left, change 'Trained unit' to 'Sold unit' in every Action line.

- for all of the four triggers in the DMCommands Terrain category, change 'Target point of issued order' to 'Target point of ability being cast'. Also, the event 'Begins casting an ability' is not as reliable as 'Starts the effect of an ability', so you might wanna change that.

I can't help you with those substring triggers, since I don't know anything about that :)

Top left works now! Thanks! I fixed the spawn doodad trigger, it was one of the sub-strings that was set wrong, silly me. I applied all the things you suggested.

There are some things you just can't do, like make a unit start flying by adding a classification. The classification, afaik, affects trigger conditions but that's pretty much it. You may have to use unit replacing or mess with the druid of the talon ability.

All right, I'll look into that.

Still need more help though, anyone? :D

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
1). Add Crow Form to the unit, then remove it. You can then change the unit's flying height through triggers.

2). Try keeping Temp_Point_A and Terrain_A in memory until the ability is cast again. It might be that Terrain_A is relying on Temp_Point_A, which gets cleared and thus returns no terrain type.

wilze

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for your reply.
I actually removed the
Trigger:
from all the four triggers and they still don't work. One thing that stroke me was that when I cast my spawn doodad ability it casts and goes into cooldown. None of the terrain abilities does this. Also when I cast any of the abilities they all get the "green border" around their icons like they are all being casted. Could this be the problem?

Anyhow thanks for your reply!

Baterasis

Reaction score
One thing that stroke me was that when I cast my spawn doodad ability it casts and goes into cooldown. None of the terrain abilities does this. Also when I cast any of the abilities they all get the "green border" around their icons like they are all being casted. Could this be the problem?

Anyhow thanks for your reply!

Are they by any chance based on the same spell? If a unit has two or more spells based on the same original spell, they will not work correctly.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
1). In the Loop Animation trigger, you can use this in place of all the If/Then/Elses.
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group_A and do (Animation - Play (Picked unit)'s (Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) animation)

2). Only certain abilities can have their order string changed; Channel is one of them. Shockwave is not.

wilze

Reaction score
Hey! You guys are geniuses! Thank you! I'll see you in 15 minutes when I run into another "unsolvable" problem! The sad thing is I'm actually trying really hard. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.