Love Story Between Strangers

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Background: I occasionally and randomly chat on Omegle (text-only chat roulette). In one, the following happened. Stranger made a statement, I kept writing along. Together we made a small story.

I am the "You", the other person is "Stranger".
We did not know each others genders (Til the end), so it was slightly uncomfortable writing like that, but for the sake of writing, we kept going.

Unedited, except for a small portion towards the end that was more out-of-character chat.

You're now chatting with a random stranger. Say hi!
Official messages from Omegle will not be sent with the label 'Stranger:'. Strangers claiming to represent Omegle are lying.
Stranger: love, love will tear us apart again.
You: I know... we just... can't be together...
Stranger: it will never work
You: Perhaps... we could get an internship
Stranger: in alaska
You: You're right... it would never work out...
You: But all these years?...
Stranger: i lied to you.. i'm sorry
You: And here I was thinking it was just infinite lands of snow filled with polar bears that seperated us...
You: when truly, your lies seperated us...
Stranger: I'm sorry. I know I hurt you and I'll forever wonder what could have been had I not been so careless.
You: What about forgiveness? If I forgive you... do you think you wouldn't lie to me again?
Stranger: I would never lie to you again. I know that I was wrong and even if you find a way to forgive me, I'll have to live with the fact that I lied to you. It would make things so much easier on me if you could forgive me.
You: I assume I can... and with this idiotic love of mine for you, I probably will if I haven't already. But yet, in the abyss of my mind, that miniscule doubt will forever exist. The thought of you lying to me again... It will forever haunt me.
Stranger: I know that there is no way I can make you believe that I would never lie to you again. I'll just have to hope that someday, I'll gain back the trust that you once had for me, and we can live in utter happiness and bliss and my mistakes will never, ever affect the potential that our love carries.
You: Perhaps it's time that I once again, put the blind fold back on my heart. Become ignorant to your lies and decieves. Ignorance, after all, is bliss. Someday this canceristic doubt shall cease to exist...
Stranger: That it will. Every relationship has its tough patches, and I suppose this is ours. I know that if we can work through this, put it all behind us, we can be something that people only wish they could have. Words will not be able to fathom the amount of love existing within our bodies. Love, will guide us through.
You: That sounds like a paradise. Nothing more, nothing less. If only that moment was now, and if only our bodies were filled with love instead of doubts. Lets begin to write our definition of love, one that is above all the others.
Stranger: It will exceed every boundary placed on the potential of love. We will escape every doubt and every worry that is holding us back. I promise you, my love.
You: It all sounds so beautiful, but it's this... strange feeling that keeps knawing and chewing my thoughts. You lied to me because you didn't love me. What has made you love me now? A sincere answer may regain my trust in you, but a lie will make me fall in love blindly even more.
Stranger: I was careless, only because I knew I was falling for you. The thought of being wrapped up in you frightened me to no end, and I thought that if I tried something else, I could get you off my mind and the feeling would stop. It only made me feel horrible to no end, and I soon realized that I can't try to let you go, I need to embrace the feeling and be one with you and your love.
You: Your confession or lie, whichever it is, brings tears to me. It is a feeling of sadness yet happiness that I feel knowing this. That you were so in love with me that you were afraid. I too, am afraid. I've been afraid since the moment we sat down and had that first cup of coffee together. Fear of rejection and of falling in Love, like I now am. It is in every dream that I have, and every thought that runs through my mind, and every wish that I make: I want us to be together once again.
Stranger: I would give anything to be with you again. To be able to hold you in my arms and never let you go. To feel such a sense of safety, that nothing could ever break our bond. I was merely afraid that if I kept falling for you at the rate I was, you would never feel the same and I would be left feeling hopeless and lonesome. I need you in my life, I need your warmth, your energy, I can only hope that you'll put the lies behind us and let love grow.
You: Then our actions are things of the past. From this moment on we will begin to rebuild our love and relationship. Pretty soon it will be as great as it can be. I too crave your body, carresses, and companionship. Alaska shouldn't be hard of an obstacle to overcome, now that we've overcome doubts, lies, and fear.
Stranger: This will only make us stronger. As you stated, we've overcome the foolish lies, we can overcome the distance. It is a distance that can be traveled, and soon enough, my love, the distance will cease to exist. We will find a way to make it work, I know we will. I know that our love can carry us through and we can be together, as we should be.
You: What a beautiful story this is becoming. One that we can share with our families and those around us, so they too can overcome foolish actions like the once we've commited. Then again, it seems the only way to grow is through experience. Maybe they too have to go through the lonely deserts of emotional pain and despair. And like us they will see the palm trees and oasis, that will reward them for their hard work and effort. I just hope it isn't a mirage...
Stranger: I can fully understand your doubts, but I can only hope that you would believe me when I say that I truly believe that this is real. What we have, is like no other. I feel as if I have the power of the universe in my hands when I'm with you. As you said, this is becoming a beautiful story. Every beautiful story must end with a happily ever after, and I, I believe that ours is coming.
You: Whether an illusion or reality, this is something I honestly look forward with incredible anxiety. The feeling of being so close to this... this love, yet far away, mixes my emotions and only makes me want it to happen even more. One way or another we will make it true. I hope the dragon is killed indeed, and we can live happily ever after as it's meant to be.
Stranger: Alright stanger I must head off to sleep, its been nice discussing our love for one another.
You: Wait... what is your name?
Stranger: I realize that I don't know if you're male or female. My name is Kristy.
You: I realized that too. My name is Juan. Either way, same or different gender, it's been a great story we've written.
Stranger: Very true, and that it is.

Just thought I'd share.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.