Mac + certain map = crash on selection

Lahey

Reaction score
Appearently my map (Terrania) isn't mac compatible. Same for TBR, COT RPG and Castle Fight. At least that is what I got reported.
The game crashes for mac users when they select something like a hero.
There are no selection events, conditions or actions in my map so I have no idea what's causing this.

Lahey

Reaction score
Great, how we gonna know what icons that might be :/ I got about 30 custom icons.

Paladon said:

"Okay, as it seems, only compressed .blps cause the crash. Just leave the original image quality over 75% (best 100%).
Worked for Battle Tanks."

Dirac

Reaction score
DotA had a recent bug about this, every time you picked Phantom Lancer and lvld up the Juxtapose ability, the computer crashes because of the icon.
However i dont know how they solved it (it's workin ok atm)

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Any BLP icon that's palette compressed is suspect. I haven't found any JPEG compressed BLPs that caused a crash.

In particular, they'd be one or more of any icons used for units or abilities on units that cause crashes when selected.

Lahey

Reaction score
I've done some testing with mac users. I made a small map with the custom icons on items that I laid on the ground. Mac users crash on icons that have a low compression indeed. 72% for example. So I make a screenshot of those icon's. Cut them to 64x64. Save as TGA. Convert to BLP with at least 85% compression.

Weep

Reaction score
Good info, thanks. BTW, you probably could use a BLP app to directly export the icon to TGA without requiring screenshots or resizing.

Weep

Reaction score
I downloaded Button Manager and played around with it in WINE, and finally got it to produce compatible icons. In the end, it didn't have anything to do with JPEG vs. paletted, or quality %.

You need to change the Mipmap count to 7. Then, change whatever settings you like; compressed, paletted, any % or number of colors. Then, press the button "For all borders". That is critical: without pressing that, it won't use the same settings when it automatically creates a disabled button.

2dsvmw.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.