Machine Made

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Lenard stooped down to pick up his dismembered arm. It was funny, the other men would have died from such a wound. But the bleeding had already stopped, and Lenard knew his arm would grow back within a week. For convenience though, he decided he would stitch his arm back on, no need to wait a whole week.

"You're so fucked up." A voice said.

Thomas was standing behind him, another soldier in the assault division.

"Hm? You want to sword fight? I have my weapon right here." Lenard lifted up his dismembered arm.

"Doesn't it hurt? That is seriously disgusting."

"Hurt? Of course it hurts. But the pain just lets me know that I am real."

"You're a freak, you know that? I think you should get out of here, the other guys think so too. You're a monster."

"You shouldn't speak like that to a man holding a sword!" Lenard began laughing.

"It's not funny, it's-"

A shot rang out from somewhere far away and Thomas' brains painted the rocks behind him. His body stood in the same position it was before for a few seconds before falling into a lifeless slump.

"You know, I got shot in the head once. I couldn't sleep for months."

Another shot rang out, but it missed Lenard's head as he turned and instead pierced his shoulder, the one on the side of his dismembered arm.

"Now really, shooting a handicapped man?" He laughed some more, this time louder.

At that moment the air cavalry could be seen flying over the battlefield. Lenard wondered if his sniper feared for his life, because he sure didn't fear for his own. This entire area would be covered in carbon, napalm, and sulfuric acid in a matter of minutes.

Lenard walked back to camp to the music of destruction. He was sure the medic would be able to do something about his arm.

This a section from my novel in progress that I wrote out of order. I do that a lot, it helps keep things interesting for me as I write.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Awesome, no critique necessary. Also I really like the humor, and I hope it runs throughout your book.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.