Macros for "next song" etc on iTunes

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I have some buttons built into my keyboard to pause, play, turn up volume, next song, previous song etc that work on iTunes even when I have another window up, but they're all broken now because I've pressed them so much :banghead:

...So what I want to know is how to make macros for each of these functions for some spare unbound keys on my keyboard (I've got 10 of them on each side).

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Well, I'd do it in Visual Basic. Make a program that runs in the background that starts up when your computer does, have it listen for global key events and when one of those keys is pressed, either find a way to suppress it and send a key press for one of the damaged keys so it'll be like you're pressing them, or find away to send a message to iTunes to do what you want.

There could be a simpler way, but thats what I'd do. Or buy a new keyboard :p

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Best thing is to use Winamp or Aimp2

Lambda_drive

Reaction score
Best thing is to use Winamp or Aimp2

Yup, Winamp also has Global Hotkeys That you can assign to any function in winamp. A global hotkey means that it's a hotkey that you can press in any program or window and it'll work. You don't have to have winamp selected for them to work. So for example if I'm playing a fullscreen game and I want to pause the music that's playing in winamp I could just press a hotkey like, shift+space and it'll pause the music instantly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.