Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Genres: Action, thriller , adventure
Release Date: 15.05.2015

Action man Tom Hardy plays the iconic Road Warrior in the fourth adrenaline-driven Mad Max thriller. In a stark and parched post-apocalyptic landscape, taciturn anti-hero Max Rockatansky (Tom Hardy) meets his shaven-headed female counterpart Imperator Furiosa (Charlize Theron) who needs to cross the desert to get home.

Hmm seems like a little bit of overkill.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought this movie was amazing. A breath of fresh air into all this CGI-greenscreen-heavy action movies.

The director of Mad Max didn't use a single green screen, and used CGI only to enhance the imagery of the movie (mainly the background except the twister part)

It's an action movie which 100% believes in itself, doesn't offer anything more than that, and doesn't get lost in useless plot devices.

9/10 will watch again on bluray

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ah, fantastic film. It deserves all the praise it's been getting. Fresh and unique action film, fun all the way.

Yeah, it's mostly all practical, though there are some green screens used in areas, but basically no green screens used as cheap/easier ways to do things, all were, as you said, for background replacements.

Would recommend to everyone. After you've seen the film, check out the behind-the-scenes, insane...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
though there are some green screens used in areas, but basically no green screens used as cheap/easier ways to do things, all were, as you said, for background replacements.

Yeah I read that after, they modified a lot of the shots to make the background more interesting, and had a few green-screen scenes indeed.

Still, it looks and feels very real because of the abundance of practical effects, and that is a great plus.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Havent seen it yet. Not sure if I am going to.
I loved Mad Max 2, it is one of my all-time favorite movies, most definitely on my top 50 list. I am not sure if I can call it Mad Max without Mel Gibson, but obviously they cant ride that dead horse forever. The only thing that is important to me is whether its still good Sci-Fi, is it still an after-the-end apocalypse-how crapsack world everybody vs. everybody deathmatch? Thats what counts.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Havent seen it yet. Not sure if I am going to.
I loved Mad Max 2, it is one of my all-time favorite movies, most definitely on my top 50 list. I am not sure if I can call it Mad Max without Mel Gibson, but obviously they cant ride that dead horse forever. The only thing that is important to me is whether its still good Sci-Fi, is it still an after-the-end apocalypse-how crapsack world everybody vs. everybody deathmatch? Thats what counts.

See it. Loved Mad Max (originals) as well. Tom Hardy has George Miller and Mel Gibson's blessings ha. You can really tell from this film that it was Miller's vision, uncompromised by any studio/producers forcing cliches or changes. It's his vision, same as it was back in the 80s. He had complete control and really put in 100% with what he wanted to be a continuation of this universe he created.

Obviously it's not the same as with Mel Gibson. It's a different approach now, done in a modern age with different tech and different ideas, but it's still handled with the same passion.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
The crazy movie wasn't bad, it was actually very good.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.