Reaction score
Here's the original

[YOUTUBE]_snBMLwnWcM[/YOUTUBE]

Here's how they do it

[YOUTUBE]8NPwJu42aUo[/YOUTUBE]

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Err... okay, now I ask seriously how they did it.
(damn that 2nd video)

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Uhmm... We once did it on biology (I think).. It's some sort of osmosis if I'm not mistaken..

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
I gues the wisky is just lighter then the water and when he pretended to correct the position he made a small gap the liquid could go through.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
No, there's no gap... People have been discussing it in youtube.. It is either Osmosis or Diffusion..

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
there is a gap, but not in the card, see how big the water drop is from your sink? that drop cannot pass between the small hole between the glasses, but can pass beetween glass to glass.

well thats what i think.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Did you know that Osmosis and diffusion mostly happens on plants.. Let's just say paper is made up of plant cell... I think that explains how the process happens.. High density going up and low density going down..

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
Did you know that Osmosis and diffusion mostly happens on plants.. Let's just say paper is made up of plant cell... I think that explains how the process happens.. High density going up and low density going down..

i dont understand the connection to plants.

what happens to plants is actually called capillary action.
where the water is sucked upwards by the plant tissues.

osmosis happens on cells, where water passes through the semi-permeable call walls.

diffusion happens in air and liquid solutions where molecules move from a higher to lower concentration.

:rolleyes:i guess you could call me a geek... i relatively high grade on science in school.

about the vid...

i watched it closely and i could see a really really tiny gap on the right edge of the glasses... watch closely as he pulls the card slightly to the left... a really small drop of water spills out in the extreme right side where the glasses meet at the middle.

and the card looks like plastic. not paper so i guess osmosis isnt the answer.

dont have an explanation for the switching of places though...

xfirenzx

Reaction score
At about 27 seconds when he pulls his hands away you can tell that the camera had been turned off then on again.. so they probably switched the card. Then when it shows it at the end they turned off the camera again and did the same card thing but put the whiskey on the top that time but with the normal card.

Thats what I think.:nuts:

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
i watched it closely and i could see a really really tiny gap on the right edge of the glasses... watch closely as he pulls the card slightly to the left... a really small drop of water spills out in the extreme right side where the glasses meet at the middle.

didnt i say that in my post :rolleyes: or is it i did not explain myself well enough and you had to show me up?

but i agree the card being plastic would affect it

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Watch the second video closely, and you'll see how ;)

Okay, I'll give it a closer look, I'll set my sound to max to make sure I don't miss any talking....

.....Waaait a second.

Yeah, probably osmosis. I think osmosis would work with a plastic card as well, eventually, but I think more likely there is a very, very, very small hole on the right side, enough that osmosis of a sort can occur through it. That, or micro-hole(s) in the card itself. (if the plastic really does inhibit osmosis)

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
omg guys
xfirenzx is right.
At the 27th second the card moves very little wich tells us that the camera has been turned on and off.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.