Magic: the Gathering card game

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
WHERE ELSE would I have put this?
Sorry, but I wanted to know if there are any other players on here, just for sheezies and geezies.

I have a fast-build heavy-hitting, creature-wrecking Beasts deck, and a Cleric deck that relies on ridiculous defenses and combating instant damage with spells while whittling away the opponent with enchanted creatures :)

I'll post deck-lists if this gets hits!

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
WHERE ELSE would I have put this?
Sorry, but I wanted to know if there are any other players on here, just for sheezies and geezies.

I have a fast-build heavy-hitting, creature-wrecking Beasts deck, and a Cleric deck that relies on ridiculous defenses and combating instant damage with spells while whittling away the opponent with enchanted creatures :)

I'll post deck-lists if this gets hits!

Magic? The Gathering?

In that case, i used to, but too expensive now that my parents dont buy them for me, and i cant have a job until summer

Best card game evar though.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to collect them...it got boring after a couple years :D But I was really into it.

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I play, and I consider myself awesome in that game.....

I play vintage and legacy format for the most part(type 1 and type 1.5, hate type 2)

in vintage i play black/blue worldgorger. ny favorite deck for the most part because it's turn one or two kill pretty consistenly and it still had space for my force of wills.

Pox is just rape....legacy format black hand,land and creature destruction....win with lands attacking, nether spirit or phyrexian totem.

Madness/threshold are semi-similar decks, both rely on aggro mixed with countercountrol, if anyone has a decklist they'd like to post i'll post a few of mine...

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The first time I played this game, 5th edition just went out. In 1996 or so.

It's that old. :p

I played all the way up until Fifth Dawn, at which point I decided that MTG was too expensive a game and let it go.

I never sold my cards.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
my favourite is my knight deck, once I get 5 mana, I can Destroy so fast,

With vigilence, double strike, flying, flanking, oh, so fun.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I always thought my brother was crazy after he bought a Mox Emerald for $100 a long time ago.

At the price it's now worth, it was a rather good idea afterall. :)

> With vigilence, double strike, flying, flanking, oh, so fun.

And that is only parts of it. :p

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
I got around, 6ish decks.

I started with Lorwyn and stopped with, Shadowmoor. Too pricy to keep up.

I'll se about posting the cards in them.

Chao

Reaction score
They JUST opened a new games store in town! HAPPY DAY!!!
I played against a deck today with my main deck... the opponent claimed to have close to 400,000 cards. I don't know what to believe and will say not more of THAT, but the number of decks he brought certainly proved that he wasn't bluffing about being a buff!

His deck strategy relied on using cards from the Graveyard... something called Wurm Harvest or some-such to that effect; for every land card in his graveyard, he summoned a 1/1 wurm token. The idea was to Zerg me down with 40+ wurms in no time...

His only problem was that my deck would have none of it!
My deck is Beasts, 75% green, 25% red. The red is used to cast spells and the green is used to butcher.
I had 2 hystrodons, 2 10/10 feral throwbacks and 2 Krosan Warchiefs on the field; I was attacking with the hystrodons and the Throwbacks to keep his numbers down (the Trampling Hystrodons were realllllly keeping his numbers at bay!) but he was growing too large. He had 7 health, and 40 tokens on the field, most of which had JUST been summoned.

I drew this:
http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=46158

"Good Game!"
"Yeah, for you."
"Actually, no."
He was MAD!:banghead:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I have a deck sitting around, spirit I think.
I had this artifact deck. Some artifacts get +1/+1 for every charge counter on em and I had this card that gave some bonus and +1/+1 for each charge counter. Needless to say, I had 4 cards that gave 1 charge counter a turn. The only person who didn't lose had an anto-artifact deck. It was a draw.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
My friend had a deck where he could achieve infinite life, and the only way to beat it was with a monster with infinite power, or some other kind of loop. He'd pull it out at local tournaments and piss off other players.

I beat him with a Red burn deck. How gay can you get with a burn deck? Pretty gay.

"I summon this!"
"It dies, and you lose 4 health"
"Well I play this enchantment!"
"I play this creature. The enchantment dies because of it. I attack (haste ftw)."
"$#^@#!"

Ah, I miss those careless days.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
I have a sweet deck. It's an intuition-based control deck that wins by taking complete control of the game, and then gets nice and comfy and combos out and crushes the opponents dreams by having them lose infinite life.

Chao

Reaction score
I lost to an infinity deck yesterday.... dude played 5 turns in a row and got an infinite mana cycle going on... Brain Freeze.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
I lost to an infinity deck yesterday.... dude played 5 turns in a row and got an infinite mana cycle going on... Brain Freeze.

I also have a storm combo deck that averages turn 2 kills, with turn 1 like 30-40 percent of the time, wanna see a decklist?

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
4x worldgorger dragon
4x animate dead
1x entomb
3x intuition
4x force of will
4x brainstorm
4x thoughtseize
4x dark ritual
1x rushing river
1x chain of vapor
1x sol ring
1x vapiric tutor
1x demonic tutor
2x necromancy
3x stifle
1x caller of the claw
1x ambassodor laquatus
1x chrome mox
1x lotus petal
4x underground sea
4x polluted delta
4x flooded strand
2x island
1x swamp
1x wasteland
2x cunning wish

Sideboard
3x tormod's crypt
1x gaea's blessing
1x cunning wish
1x brainfreeze
3x diabolic edict
3x engineered plague
3x cabal therapy

How it works? Get gorger in graveyard with intuition, buried alive or entomb, then use animate dead on it. Right there you get infioninte mana because everytime the gorger comes into play, it removes everything else you own, which removes the animate dead enchanting it, which causes it to die again...which brings the animate dead or necromancy back into play and all your lands back.....UNTAPPED....so you tap for mana and rechant the gorger with animate dead/necro when they come back...ether use the infinate mana by choosing laquatus as a target and milling their deck or just let the gorger die a lot and then choose caller of the claw which gives you millions of 2/2 bears.... if you get the inifnite mana without a kill condition in graveyard, you can cunning wish infinite times and then brainfreeze for a million....which mills them completely. Deck is pretty damn fast and has a few counters to save it along the way, along with creature control on board if needed.worst comes to wrost you can thoughtseize a creature out of ur opponents hand and animate dead that.

Yep...thats meh gorger deck. tis my best deck, but madness or pox are my favorite decks :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> 4x brainstorm

Isn't Brainstorm restricted in Vintage?

------

Hehe, the classic "worldgorger" dragon deck, although most people name it "wollgogger" for the sake of it.

For my part, I'm trying to build a Rock-type of deck for Vintage, although the road will be long and harsh :p

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
here's a legacy storm-combo deck I built. It's designed for pure speed, so its more vulnerable to disruption, but that shouldn't matter because you're winning so blazingly fast (generally win on turn 1-2):

2 bayou

4 shield sphere
4 phyrexian walker
4 street wraith

4 land grant
4 tendrils of agony

4 chrome mox
4 lotus petal
4 culling the weak
4 dark ritual
4 lion's eye diamond
4 cabal ritual
4 infernal contract
4 cruel bargain
4 infernal tutor
2 ill-gotten gains

Remember, you only need to storm for 9, and then a tendrils of agony will deal 20 damage on the head!

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why are there 4 street wraiths in this deck? They don't quite fit if you ask me. :p

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
hmm does anyone have an answer for chalice of the void? with storm decks i never could find a way around it aside from running krosan grips or shattering spree/oxidize

-Street wraiths work great in almost all combo decks because of the whole 56 card deck thing, tis my opinion at least

Also, anyone know a good red draw cards? or a cheap green draw?

>brainstorm restricted in vintage? I don't think so....but then again even if it was portent/ponder are more or less the same thing

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.