Magic: the Gathering card game

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
hmm does anyone have an answer for chalice of the void? with storm decks i never could find a way around it aside from running krosan grips or shattering spree/oxidize

-Street wraiths work great in almost all combo decks because of the whole 56 card deck thing, tis my opinion at least

Also, anyone know a good red draw cards? or a cheap green draw?

>brainstorm restricted in vintage? I don't think so....but then again even if it was portent/ponder are more or less the same thing
Red and green aren't built for drawing cards, but glipse of nature draws you lots of cards for cheap when built around, also Edge of Autumn provides you a free draw and makes your deck only 56 cards, but you must sacrifice a land. You could also try manamorphose or things like chromatic star.

Also, you could try Sword of Fire and Ice of Mask of Memory if you don't mind running equipment.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> >brainstorm restricted in vintage? I don't think so....but then again even if it was portent/ponder are more or less the same thing

I've went to check and yes, it is now restricted as of September 20th. Damn shame. :p

The problem with both of these card-drawers is that they're not instants. :rolleyes:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Red and green aren't built for drawing cards, but glipse of nature draws you lots of cards for cheap when built around, also Edge of Autumn provides you a free draw and makes your deck only 56 cards, but you must sacrifice a land. You could also try manamorphose or things like chromatic star.

Also, you could try Sword of Fire and Ice of Mask of Memory if you don't mind running equipment.

you can have as many cards in a deck as you want, but you cannot have less than 60.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
you can have as many cards in a deck as you want, but you cannot have less than 60.

What he means is that this card is essentially a "free card" in itself. Therefore, as when you draw it you may re-draw instantly by discarding it at a low price, your deck is then technically reduced to 56 cards, increasing the chances you draw your better cards. Theoritically though, your deck is still at 60 cards.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
What he means is that this card is essentially a "free card" in itself. Therefore, as when you draw it you may re-draw instantly by discarding it at a low price, your deck is then technically reduced to 56 cards, increasing the chances you draw your better cards. Theoritically though, your deck is still at 60 cards.

Yes this. and daxtreme, concerning the earlier post, I'd like to know of any better red or green card drawers... there are very few effective red and green card drawing cards, unless you build around them. Oh and red gets wheel of fortune, just thought of that.

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Pox....

4x pox
4x smallpox
4x sinkhole
4x hymn to tourach
4x thoughtseize
4x innocent blood
3x nether spirit
3x phyrexian totem
3x sensei's divining top
3x crucible of worlds
4x wasteland
4x mischra's factory
4x polluted delta
2x bloodstained mire
10x swamp

deck im building now for legacy....not the best of decks but i love playing it.....

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Invincible Deck....

And i almost forgot my pride and joy...a deck so awesome, so unbeatable, that there is actually no chance of it losing. It is win incarnate.

Islands Dot Deck!!!!
4x Vizzadrix
56x Island

I'll post my other two decks tommorow(Madness/Threshold)

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
incarnate.

Islands Dot Deck!!!!
4x Vizzadrix
56x Island

Cut Vizzerdrix its bad. Run remand instead!

Oh and kings, wasteland-crucible... I think if I ever played you I'd have to punch you >.>

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes this. and daxtreme, concerning the earlier post, I'd like to know of any better red or green card drawers... there are very few effective red and green card drawing cards, unless you build around them. Oh and red gets wheel of fortune, just thought of that.

Red and Green have pretty much nothing close to card drawing. They have replacement though, such as Survival of the Fittest combined with Squee, Goblin Nabob and the such.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Red and Green have pretty much nothing close to card drawing. They have replacement though, such as Survival of the Fittest combined with Squee, Goblin Nabob and the such.

That's true, but that requires you to build around it, and I was assuming it was for a storm combo deck of some sort.

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Oh and kings, wasteland-crucible... I think if I ever played you I'd have to punch you >.>

It's not just there for the wasteland....but hell do i love playing against decks with dual lands xD

Wats wrong with vizzadrix though?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm building 2 legacy decks.

Let's see...

Rock

Lands -

4x Bayou
6x Fetch
2x Treetop Village
4x Wasteland
1x Volrath's Stronghold
1x Swamp
2x Forest

Creatures -

4x Dark Confident
4x Ravenous Baloth
4x Birds of Paradise / Llanowar Elves
4x Troll Ascetic
2x Viridian Shaman
2x Spiritmonger/tarmogoyf

Spells -

4x Duress
4x Cabal Therapy
3x Sword of Fire and Ice
2x Sword of Light and Shadow
4x Pernicious Deed
4x Diabolic Edict

==============================================

High Tide - LEGACY

Main Deck -

3x High Tide
4x Brainstorm
1x Stroke of Genius
1x Braingeyser
1x Capsize
4x Force of Will
4x Counterspell
3x Palinchron
3x Cunning Wish
2x Merchant Scroll
3x Disrupt
1x Gifts Ungiven
4x Mystical Tutor
1x Echoing Truth
3x Snap
2x Temporal Cascade
1x Diminishing Returns

Lands -

5x Fetch
14x Island

SIDEBOARD

1x Rebuild
1x High Tide
1x Stroke of Genius
1x Wipe Away
2x Brain Freeze
2x Hydroblast
3x Energy Flux
4x Leyline of the Void

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.