Magic: the Gathering card game

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
hmm does anyone have an answer for chalice of the void? with storm decks i never could find a way around it aside from running krosan grips or shattering spree/oxidize

-Street wraiths work great in almost all combo decks because of the whole 56 card deck thing, tis my opinion at least

Also, anyone know a good red draw cards? or a cheap green draw?

>brainstorm restricted in vintage? I don't think so....but then again even if it was portent/ponder are more or less the same thing
Red and green aren't built for drawing cards, but glipse of nature draws you lots of cards for cheap when built around, also Edge of Autumn provides you a free draw and makes your deck only 56 cards, but you must sacrifice a land. You could also try manamorphose or things like chromatic star.

Also, you could try Sword of Fire and Ice of Mask of Memory if you don't mind running equipment.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> >brainstorm restricted in vintage? I don't think so....but then again even if it was portent/ponder are more or less the same thing

I've went to check and yes, it is now restricted as of September 20th. Damn shame. :p

The problem with both of these card-drawers is that they're not instants. :rolleyes:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Red and green aren't built for drawing cards, but glipse of nature draws you lots of cards for cheap when built around, also Edge of Autumn provides you a free draw and makes your deck only 56 cards, but you must sacrifice a land. You could also try manamorphose or things like chromatic star.

Also, you could try Sword of Fire and Ice of Mask of Memory if you don't mind running equipment.

you can have as many cards in a deck as you want, but you cannot have less than 60.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
you can have as many cards in a deck as you want, but you cannot have less than 60.

What he means is that this card is essentially a "free card" in itself. Therefore, as when you draw it you may re-draw instantly by discarding it at a low price, your deck is then technically reduced to 56 cards, increasing the chances you draw your better cards. Theoritically though, your deck is still at 60 cards.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
What he means is that this card is essentially a "free card" in itself. Therefore, as when you draw it you may re-draw instantly by discarding it at a low price, your deck is then technically reduced to 56 cards, increasing the chances you draw your better cards. Theoritically though, your deck is still at 60 cards.

Yes this. and daxtreme, concerning the earlier post, I'd like to know of any better red or green card drawers... there are very few effective red and green card drawing cards, unless you build around them. Oh and red gets wheel of fortune, just thought of that.

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Pox....

4x pox
4x smallpox
4x sinkhole
4x hymn to tourach
4x thoughtseize
4x innocent blood
3x nether spirit
3x phyrexian totem
3x sensei's divining top
3x crucible of worlds
4x wasteland
4x mischra's factory
4x polluted delta
2x bloodstained mire
10x swamp

deck im building now for legacy....not the best of decks but i love playing it.....

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Invincible Deck....

And i almost forgot my pride and joy...a deck so awesome, so unbeatable, that there is actually no chance of it losing. It is win incarnate.

Islands Dot Deck!!!!
4x Vizzadrix
56x Island

I'll post my other two decks tommorow(Madness/Threshold)

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
incarnate.

Islands Dot Deck!!!!
4x Vizzadrix
56x Island

Cut Vizzerdrix its bad. Run remand instead!

Oh and kings, wasteland-crucible... I think if I ever played you I'd have to punch you >.>

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes this. and daxtreme, concerning the earlier post, I'd like to know of any better red or green card drawers... there are very few effective red and green card drawing cards, unless you build around them. Oh and red gets wheel of fortune, just thought of that.

Red and Green have pretty much nothing close to card drawing. They have replacement though, such as Survival of the Fittest combined with Squee, Goblin Nabob and the such.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Red and Green have pretty much nothing close to card drawing. They have replacement though, such as Survival of the Fittest combined with Squee, Goblin Nabob and the such.

That's true, but that requires you to build around it, and I was assuming it was for a storm combo deck of some sort.

Kings

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Oh and kings, wasteland-crucible... I think if I ever played you I'd have to punch you >.>

It's not just there for the wasteland....but hell do i love playing against decks with dual lands xD

Wats wrong with vizzadrix though?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm building 2 legacy decks.

Let's see...

Rock

Lands -

4x Bayou
6x Fetch
2x Treetop Village
4x Wasteland
1x Volrath's Stronghold
1x Swamp
2x Forest

Creatures -

4x Dark Confident
4x Ravenous Baloth
4x Birds of Paradise / Llanowar Elves
4x Troll Ascetic
2x Viridian Shaman
2x Spiritmonger/tarmogoyf

Spells -

4x Duress
4x Cabal Therapy
3x Sword of Fire and Ice
2x Sword of Light and Shadow
4x Pernicious Deed
4x Diabolic Edict

==============================================

High Tide - LEGACY

Main Deck -

3x High Tide
4x Brainstorm
1x Stroke of Genius
1x Braingeyser
1x Capsize
4x Force of Will
4x Counterspell
3x Palinchron
3x Cunning Wish
2x Merchant Scroll
3x Disrupt
1x Gifts Ungiven
4x Mystical Tutor
1x Echoing Truth
3x Snap
2x Temporal Cascade
1x Diminishing Returns

Lands -

5x Fetch
14x Island

SIDEBOARD

1x Rebuild
1x High Tide
1x Stroke of Genius
1x Wipe Away
2x Brain Freeze
2x Hydroblast
3x Energy Flux
4x Leyline of the Void

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.