Other Magical City Map Template

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Magical City Map Template

Introduction

I decided to create a map template because i wanted to improve my terraining and show off my results, now what could be a better way to do that then people using my map to created their own then have my name on the credits list for terrain. It would be great, well thats what i think at the moment. So here is my first Template.

This Template contains terrain and units, it does not edit any units and has two teams that can easily be destroyed. It contains only two triggers, Map initlization (not enabled) and another trigger that allows the units to wander around.

Map Details

Size - Small
Tile Set - Cityscape (with two swapped tiles)
Fills the entire map - Yes (you can resize the map though)
Contains Custom Units - No
Contains Custom Teams - Yes (but can be easily changed)
Contains Custom Triggers - Yes (Only one but it's not needed, i used it instead of creating custom units. Can disable and it won't affect the game performance wise but will visability.)
My own rating out of 5 - 4/5
Reccomended for - Loaps or it could be a city that you copy onto a larger map.

Magical City

The city is around magic, well the kings area is. There are a few parts to the city.

Kings Chamber - Where the king sleeps, it's on a high platform in the sky that overlooks the kingdom, can be reached by entering a portal in the Green Way.

Green Way - A pleasant route to the portal leading on to the Kings Chamber, Designed for perfection.

Market Square - Need to buy something, come here. You can get a drink, buy some food and talk with your mates.

Zoo Area - Yes, this city has a zoo. It contains some animals but it's free. A lot of screaming kids around as the spiders seem to like devouring them...

Fair Ground - A small area but when ever a travelling fair comes to town this is where they will be, there is a fair in at the moment. They could sell rare items.

Green Light District - Every city has a dodgey area, this is it. Contains hookers, pedifiles, murders and other things. Supposedly theres a secret area for fugitives and the king of theives to hide out in. Very cramped with a lot of people but little area to move.

Kings Road - The nice area to live but you have to have a bit of money, contains spacey green areas for you to relax.

Farm Honkey Donkey - This is the main supplier of food for the city, has a lot of workers around the area and is always looking for more help, could be an easy way to make a bit of quick cash.

Fields of Harley - Used to contain barley until the great fire that burnt it down. There are scorch marks still on the ground but trees have grown over it making it look pleasant. It is the first thing you see as you enter the city as its by the gate. Contains a small pond great for fishing.

City Lane - Outside the castle, this forested area is quite small and narrow, great for ambushing people, there is supposed to be a secret camp in the area and the guards are too scared to go looking, could be a good place to lay low for a while...

Screenies

(I am not sure how to make the images larger, if you could tell me that would be great, just click on them to make it larger)

Q & A

Q - Will this template destroy my computer
A - Only if you have Windows 98

Q - Im going to take it and won't give credits mwhahahaha
A - I can't force you to put credits on but i did put work into it and i would like some respect. If i do find a map with my terrain but no credits i will contact them. Even if you alter the map or you've used a section of my terrain please give credits, it's no that hard.

Q - Ha, you didn't protect your map!
A - It's a template...

Q - I will steal all your complex ideas and units and triggers and other things.
A - No point, simple triggers, no custom units and hardly and complex ideas and anyway, where are your commers? Questions and Answer session terminated!!!

Attachments

• Magical City Template.w3x
    59.6 KB · Views: 220

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Pretty cool. I prefer creating my own terrain, but this could help beginners who want to learn Cityscape Terrain. Good job on it! :D

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
thanks, i am also looking for anyone who would like me to create a template for something different. I will be creating a thread on the normal Thread lists, if you want me to create something post it here or on that thread.

Kokojo

Reaction score
Hehehe, do you take specific requests ? If you could make a template for my TD, I would be extremely gratefull. I do have problems with the current terrain, not eought details...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.