Magical resistance debuff

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Strange, I couldn't find a spell that buffed/debuffed a unit to increases/decreases its magical resistance. Help please?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
uhmm.. well, thats becase there is no such thing as a stat called magic resistance in Warcraft 3:eek:
But there is an item with an ability that decreases magic damage taken, Runed Bracers

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Is there any way other than spellbook... again..?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Yes?

I made a spell an aura that does what you're looking for, but it's not a buff/debuff though... Maybe you can get something off of this anyway:

Trigger:
  • Elemental Bending Enemy
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (((Picked unit) has buff |cffff0000Elemental Bending|r (1)) Equal to True) then do (Unit - Add Elemental Bending (-1) to (Picked unit)) else do (Unit - Remove Elemental Bending (-1) from (Picked unit))
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

You can probably apply this to any unit that has the buff of given type. You can also improve the trigger, i see it's a bit messy x)

Edit: Hmpf, forgot the most important part. Elemental bending is runed bracers with a negative resistance.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
The Runed Bracers item ability does not need to be put into a spell book because it will not have a UI icon. So if you're just talking about adding/removing it from a single unit, then just make a custom unit ability based on Runed Bracers, and then give it to your unit in the Object Editor. Whenver you want to change his magic resistance, increase or decrease that ability thru triggers. Very simple really. :thup:

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Dunno if that would work. If it behaves anything like Doom does if you level it, then you'd be better off having multiple copies of the same ability instead. There was a thread around here about abilities that don't play nice when leveled, but I forgot to bookmark it ^^;

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Dunno if that would work. If it behaves anything like Doom does if you level it, then you'd be better off having multiple copies of the same ability instead. There was a thread around here about abilities that don't play nice when leveled, but I forgot to bookmark it ^^;

Runed bracers can't level up, you do have to make multiple copies of the same ability, it's in the guide ^^

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Runed bracers can't level up, you do have to make multiple copies of the same ability, it's in the guide ^^

That is incorrect. I have a magic resistance system in my current map, and I simply increase/decrease level of a custom ability based on the runed bracers. It works just fine.

Here is a test map that shows that this will indeed work.

Attachments

• Magic Resistance.w3x
    10.1 KB · Views: 423

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
It does work, which just means that blizzard fixed their coding somewhere along the patches, hasn't worked before (did test it).

Black.k.9

Reaction score
Is there a way to make Magic Resistance scale with an Attribute?

Say...

Agility:
-Every Point increases Attack Speed by 1.
-Every Point increases Armor/Resistance by 0.14/0.11.

Whereas Spell resistance uses the same damage reduction formula as Armor: (0.06*armor)/(1+(0.06*armor))

I know this thread is old but it's the only one I could find so far :(

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Just open a new thread for your question instead of hijacking an old one. Nobody is going to open a 4 year old thread.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.