Magical Theory: Part 1, the Origins of Magic (Work in Progress)

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I've decided to being some theories on magic and its inner workings and origins. It's not yet finished, but here is the first small part of the first volume. Enjoy, and comment :D
Magical Theory

Introduction
It is believed that many ages ago, there were life-forms which possessed the power to control magic. Now, I come to you with the beginning of a series of theories about magical theory. These theories take a more scientific approach to magic than one might expect, but they are still engaging, nonetheless. This theory states magic’s origins: how did it come about, how was it able to affect various life-forms, and why did it appear? All of these questions will be answered in this, the first part of a series of theories about magic.
Chapter 1, The Origin of Magic

The First Appearance of Magic​
The first appearance of magic occurred long ago, when primordial creatures roamed the Earth. It was during this time of evolution that magic first surfaced. The very first creature to receive the gift of magic was an ancestor of the human race that is now extinct. This creature, as its name is unknown to us, will remain referenced by the term ‘creature.’
The creature was created with a special set of deoxyribonucleic acid, or DNA. Nowadays, humans have four nitrogen bases in their DNA: Adenine (A), Thymine (T), Cytosine (C), and Guanine (G). These nitrogen base pairs only pair with one other type of pair: adenine will always pair with thymine, and cytosine will always pair with guanine. However, this creature had five different nitrogen base pairs. The extra one is called ‘Venefenine,’ or ‘V.’ Venefenine paired with itself, which is an extraordinary thing; the other nitrogen bases paired with other nitrogen bases.
With the addition of Venefenine in the creature’s DNA, new proteins were made. These proteins gave the creature enhanced intelligence, beyond any human’s capabilities in the modern world. The creature, by chance, learned to focus its vast intelligence on augmenting itself and others of its kind. Eventually, the creature became able to temporarily, yet greatly, enhance its physical potential two-fold. This was a breakthrough in the science of magic; this was the first adaugauctum, or buff, as it is now known. However, adaugauctum is the accurate, scientific word; and all ‘buffs’ will be referred as adaugaucti, as that is the appropriate and accurate term for them.
The creature, like all other creatures, died eventually. However, his lifespan was far greater than any other lifespan of his kind. The creature had a son, and his son also had the special nitrogen base that granted him vast intellect. The father taught his son everything he knew about what was to become known as magic; and when he died, his son was already a better mage than he.

Early Advances of Magic​
The son was the first creature to cast an adaugauctum on another creature. Although this adaugauctum was not as strong as it would have been were it cast on the mage, it was a huge discovery in the field of magic. However, magic had still not evolved to the point where a mage could damage anything. The son had two sons; both of them born with the special nitrogen base. Both were destined to make breakthroughs in magical science, but in different areas.
The first son developed the adaugauctum field to a point where it was possible to physically heal damaged wounds. Therefore, whenever there was a war, the side with this son was always victorious. However, this new adaugauctum was not able to be cast at a range; the wounded victim would need to be next to the caster to be able to be healed.
The second son created the first damaging spell. This is the story of how he discovered it:
One day, the second son grew tired of his brother’s fame as the first healer. Every day afterwards, his rage grew immensely. Eventually, the rage turned into a demonic fury; and the second son felt his arms coursing with rage. This rage was so great that his body was unable to contain it, and the rage shot out of his hand and into a nearby tree, destroying it completely. The second son learned how to control his rage, and be able to create such a devastating effect at will. In this way, he created the first spell that could physically damage someone. His fame became far greater than his brother’s, for his spell could be cast at a range and was much more effective than his brother’s healing spell.
From then on, each brother had sons, and their sons had sons, and so on. Each brother’s sons further developed his father’s breakthrough; sons of the first son developed the healing spell, and sons of the second son developed the damaging spell. However, the adaugauctum was not to be further developed until many centuries later, when the healing and damaging spells had split into many subsections of various power.

Chapter 2, Forms of Magic

Teleportation​
The art of teleportation is one which has evolved immensely since its creation. Of course, teleportation did not begin as the ability to transport vast armies across massive spaces, but as a projection of images, if one could call them images, across small areas. Like many things in life, teleportation was developed for military use. At the time of the creation of teleportation, the major powers of the world had magi. This was the only way in which they were able to remain major powers, for magic gave them extreme advantages. It is not known which major power created teleportation, nor is it possible; the creation of all forms of magic occurred before any historical record of the human species.
The army which was destined to invent teleportation was, at the time, under siege. The invading army had amassed a group of magi, and was exploiting their collective power to gain a large advantage in the battle. The generals of the besieged army held a conference, and they concluded that it was necessary to invent a new form of relaying messages; in that way, they could gather information quicker than the other army. It would have been futile to attempt to overpower them with brute force, for the invading army had allies in many areas which would eagerly rush to aid their ally.
The besieged army gathered its remaining magi, and placed them in a top-secret area so that they could develop the new form of relaying messages undisturbed. The magi worked for months in their sequestered condition; by some miracle, the besieged army managed to remain existent for such a long period of time. They came to the conclusion that the best way to relay information would be to transmit the visual data directly from a given location to the headquarters. However, any visual documentation other than drawings had not yet been invented. Eventually, the magi devised a way to combine and focus their power so that it would imprint upon the mind of the magi a perfect image of the vision of the casting mage. Then, the imprint would be sent to the life form, and the life form’s mind would falsify a projection of the image (this would make the data easier to interpret and record). This entire process would, ideally, take less than a second to occur; but, unfortunately, it took far longer (this, of course, would change over time). As a further downfall to the process, the imprint could only be sent to another mage; and it could not be sent far distances. Nevertheless, the technique was so useful and revolutionary that the besieged army besieged the invading army, and conquered it, as well.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Yes, thewrongvine. I went back in time and collected all of this data, because we all know that magic is real.
Obviously this is fiction. I'm writing it for fun, like a lot of other things.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
I belive in magic why?

because at the time when pyramids were build they didn't have the tecnology or the power to build such things, well alians didn't do it then how.

Knight7770

Reaction score
I belive in magic why?

because at the time when pyramids were build they didn't have the tecnology or the power to build such things, well alians didn't do it then how.
So, how do you like my theory about how magic came about?

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
too much fiction didn't you said you found some facts about it or facts that claims to be true.

Humans have something powerfull inside them i just know it.

did you know that adreneline:
increases heart rate and stroke volume, dilates the pupils, and constricts arterioles in the skin and gut while dilating arterioles in skeletal muscles. It elevates the blood sugar level by increasing catalysis of glycogen to glucose in the liver, and at the same time begins the breakdown of lipids in fat cells. Like some other stress hormones, epinephrine has a suppressive effect on the immune system.

Knight7770

Reaction score
too much fiction didn't you said you found some facts about it or facts that claims to be true.
No. This is just my theory. It's not done yet.
did you know that adreneline:
increases heart rate and stroke volume, dilates the pupils, and constricts arterioles in the skin and gut while dilating arterioles in skeletal muscles. It elevates the blood sugar level by increasing catalysis of glycogen to glucose in the liver, and at the same time begins the breakdown of lipids in fat cells. Like some other stress hormones, epinephrine has a suppressive effect on the immune system.
So...?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Um... did you know 10+ people with the help of simple "technology" like a rope or 3 logs next to each other could move a heavy brick to create pyramids. You don't need bulldozers and lasers and all these scientific devices to move something. You need human brains and power (and other animals and stuff).

This has nothing to do with Knight's theory and does not suggest any theme against it or with it.

:D What's with all the, so? yes? this that so?

Knight7770

Reaction score
Anyway, does anyone want to comment on my theory?

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Aren't theories supposed to be tested or something?

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
I thought it was an interesting concept, trying to use science to explain magic in a real-world situation. However, it seems unrealistic that this additional Nitrogen bond would be passed down to each and every individual offspring of the original. I'd be willing to read more of this, though, which is more than I can say about a lot of things.

Knight7770

Reaction score
However, it seems unrealistic that this additional Nitrogen bond would be passed down to each and every individual offspring of the original.
I never said that it was passed down to each offspring. I just said that each offspring helped develop magic. Perhaps I should add that part :eek:
I'd be willing to read more of this, though, which is more than I can say about a lot of things.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
Um... did you know 10+ people with the help of simple "technology" like a rope or 3 logs next to each other could move a heavy brick to create pyramids. You don't need bulldozers and lasers and all these scientific devices to move something. You need human brains and power (and other animals and stuff).

This has nothing to do with Knight's theory and does not suggest any theme against it or with it.
?

you make it sound simpler than it is.

the egyptians got their massive marble blocks from rome, 1500 km away, and you know you can walk into a pyramid filled with labyrints and traps.

and they were build at 2668 BC and i do not believe that there were enough slaves in the world.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Where the f*ck did Venefenine come out of? Random string of letters that ended in 'ine'?
It came from the Latin word for sorcerer.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
you make it sound simpler than it is.

the egyptians got their massive marble blocks from rome, 1500 km away, and you know you can walk into a pyramid filled with labyrints and traps.

and they were build at 2668 BC and i do not believe that there were enough slaves in the world.

Oh my God. I can't tell you how many things are wrong in this statement. The Egyptians used limestone blocks from *fairly nearby cliffs that they, yes, carried with logs and ropes and such. 1500 km is a gross overestimate of the distance they needed to move the blocks. Also, the pyramids were all built roughly from between the times of 2630 BC and 1814 BC. Not to sound like a dick or nothin'.

But yeah, man, you're wack.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.