Mahucharn: The Origins

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Howdy Y’all!

I’ve never quite written one of these before, so it might be quite terrible. Anyway, my interest in TheHelper.net was spurred on by my cousin (a long-time unregistered lurker of the site) who was using 1)ark_knight’s All Heaven Vs. Hell Combinations thread to destroy his friends in Warcraft III. I first encountered the game while at his home for some family event. As soon as I figured out what it was, I held a lemonade stand (I was young, give me a break) and saved up the required $45 for the Warcraft III Battle Chest.

I was not new to the real-time strategy genre and feel of Warcraft III. I proudly own the first Age of Empires game, and have since acquired all of the other ones through AoE 3 (which I am not very much a fan of). Those who know me know that I enjoy playing games for the story found in the campaign. Since I had previously only seen Warcraft III as an online game (Footmen 3.9 and Heaven vs. Hell), I doubted that it’s story could be very compelling. Needless to say, I was wrong.

After successfully beating the campaigns of both The Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne, I moved to playing games online. Some of my favorite maps have been Green TD (12.0 was my favorite version by far), Troy (the scope of it was so flipping cool! I’m also a huge history geek, so there’s that), Hero Line Wars (both Custom and Liton), Footman Frenzy (including all custom derivatives) and Island Defense. I still played the odd game of HvH and Angel Arena, but those were not nearly as appealing to me. What else can I say? The online play had me hooked for a solid three years and led me to a community which I have been a part of since 2006 (dannnggg that’s 7 years).

Despite popular belief that I am ripping off the noodle company “Marichan”, the name “Mahucharn” originated from my World of Warcraft days (okay maybe a year of playing total, probably less). I needed a character name for my tauren druid, so I used the in-game name generator and it spat out Mahucharn. It’s been my username on virtually every non-professional website since. And now for something…. completely different.

I saw a serious need for some revamping in the humor section. I began posting content in the Funny Picture Thread a few times a day, often posting content from MemeBase, VeryDemotivational, and GraphJam because I was in high school and thought it was funny. After a while, I asked TheHelper if I join the ranks of the staff and help moderate the humor section that I loved so dearly, to which he happily responded “yes”!

As of late, I have been quite inactive (though I still lurk and post occasionally) mainly due to college. I’m majoring in psychology and managing two part-time jobs, which seldom leaves me time to be as active as I would like to. On the off chance that you see me online a game (I play League of Legends every so often- Azucharn [a derivative of Mahucharn] is my username) please feel free to say hello! I’d love to play with you!

That’s all I have to say J. You are all lovely people (especially you).

-Jordan (Mahucharn)

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Huh, I had always assumed you were just really into noodle cups.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea tom_mai!

@Varine Yeah... it's pretty common. I actually strongly dislike cup and noodles/top ramen. This is a problem (see: I'm in college)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont like Ramen either. Never have. Don't like Pho either. I cannot believe I don't like Pho but I never had any that did not taste like shit.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.