System Main Attribute Control

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Sevion - For always talk with me when he's in the class and teach me stupid things

Lol?

Why are you forcing users to register them manually? Do what I once (long ago) said... Add 1 to Str, get damage. Add 1 to Agi, get damage. Add 1 to Int, get damage. Whichever attribute increases damage is the main attribute.

With this, you can register on enter and allow players to overrule this if they wish to.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Whoa, dude that hashing function is totally Jesus4Lyf's idea, not mine. Better fix that.
thx, fixed :thup:

i suggest to use native hashing, your current hash it slow and collusion vulnerable.
native hashing = ?
can you explain better?

Lol?

Why are you forcing users to register them manually? Do what I once (long ago) said... Add 1 to Str, get damage. Add 1 to Agi, get damage. Add 1 to Int, get damage. Whichever attribute increases damage is the main attribute.

With this, you can register on enter and allow players to overrule this if they wish to.
and how do you get the damage of unit?

i tried what you said but it don't work since Blizzard don't allow us to get some base value (like armor, damage, etc)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you can get the damage of a unit by making an exact copy via game cache (save and restore a unit), make it attack a dummy and register the damage event.

a lot of work though.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
@Accname

omg lol

also it will need to calculate the variation of damage, the armor reduction... so the chance to return the wrong value is really hight >.<'

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Then just add 100 to each attribute.

At any rate, it's only really plausible for units w/ attributes that don't have an insanely weird and low damage gain per attribute (I.E. 0.00000001 damage per attribute point).

Armor reduction? Lulz. We could use an ability to change the attack type to type Chaos. Or something of that sort.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
hmm.. thinking in some way to do what Sevion said without any visual effect

[ljass]call ShowUnit(u, false)[/ljass], unit still able to attack?

DioD

Reaction score
copy + attack wont work, well, it will work, but you dont need to copy anything, main stat is constant property.

well, as you ofc dont know, dota have similar system included, and dota's version simple database for every hero (also every unit), with multiple params stored inside.
Point Value used as database handle (every hero have point value ID), this used in many applications and spells, database solution is 100% failsafe and provide maximum possible performance.

also as you dont know (ofc) grimoire allow you to dump w3* files (with objects,spells, and other stuff) into database by given format, saving you from filling database on your own.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Please. Stop acting so arrogant and a know-it-all. "as you don't know (ofc)", is that really necessary?

As you don't know (ofc), that's not how we like to operate. So please stop.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
copy + attack wont work, well, it will work, but you dont need to copy anything, main stat is constant property.

well, as you ofc dont know, dota have similar system included, and dota's version simple database for every hero (also every unit), with multiple params stored inside.
Point Value used as database handle (every hero have point value ID), this used in many applications and spells, database solution is 100% failsafe and provide maximum possible performance.

also as you dont know (ofc) grimoire allow you to dump w3* files (with objects,spells, and other stuff) into database by given format, saving you from filling database on your own.

Seriously you came to my topic to talk about things in dota?

You should look a little below your nose, you're judging the vast majority of members in order to show you is always superior to the other, seriously, you're wasting your time trying to be superior and not to prove facts.

If you are as good as he says, so why not stop talking and start doing it yourself?

Some people here are not here to compete who is best, these people are here for the simple reason of wanting to help and be helped, if you do not want, please do not disturb those who do not want to be bothered.

Most of your posts you mention about your performance and how to do is always the best and most efficient, and now came to my topic to do the same thing, if you think things are so simple, so do you even a system with the Grimoire Instead of being vague theories discussing.

About Dota, everyone knows that Dota is bad coded and is far from efficient. I do not need anyone to tell me what is and what is not in Dota.

Before everything, respect to be respected.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
some suggestion?

also I don't want to move it to autodetect since I'll need timer or something like that to take the real main attribute using the method of Sevion, because of the difference between units, like range or melee and attack speed.

Also Sevion method will fail if the creator of the map remove the damage per main attribute.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
You could extract object data using grimoire and use a Substring search algorithm to find each unit's main attribute. Though, that'd be slooooooooooooooow.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Also Sevion method will fail if the creator of the map remove the damage per main attribute.
Sure, and Status will fail for spell immune if you enable "Magic Immunes Resist Ultimates", and Damage will fail if you make abilities that have native damage, etc. etc. etc.

Just mention it as a requirement, if you can't surmount that problem. It seems reasonable.

P.S. Also fails for heroes with no attack.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
@Sevion
Idk how grimoire work but searching at wc3c, I found something that should help (well.. no), is GMSI or something like that, but it just do what MAC do... also you need a extra .exe to work and its graveyarded

@Weep
the part of Status is new for me :p
oh yes, fail for heroes with no attack, its true..

so anything else?

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
JASS:
// This system is used to get the main attribute of a hero, but it&#039;s impossible without
// register all units in some system.

There is a error in there, it should be:

This system is used to get the main attribute of a hero, but [del]it's[/del] that's impossible without registering all the units in some system.

OR

This system is used to get the primary attribute (as Blizzard refers to it), this is achieved by databasing every single unittype in the game.

JASS:
// - Debugs Messages when in debug mode.

Debugs? Maybe "debug", not sure on your context.

JASS:
// - Need to register units id in the system or don&#039;t will work.

Need to register unit ids in the system or it won't work.

JASS:
// whichUnit    = The unit registred in the system

registred --> registered

5. I just dislike your naming convention.

JASS:
MAC_Set

Something like MAC_SetValue?

JASS:
MAC_Get

MAC_GetValue?

JASS:
MAC_GetAttribute

MAC_GetMainAttribute?

JASS:
MAC_Add

MAC_AddValue

JASS:
MAC_Reduce

Rather pointless as you can add negative, although I guess you added it for completeness? But if you wanted completeness, there should be multiply and divide?

JASS:
MAC_Registred

MAC_IsRegistered? Registred --> Registered

JASS:
MAC_Register

I guess this one is fine.

6. I don't have a 6th point. I just love to put text here :O

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
  1. Changed.
  2. Changed.
  3. Changed.
  4. Fixed, thx.
  5. Done all
  6. Basic lol

You BlackRose, perhaps more than most here know my 'problem' with english.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.