System Main Attribute Control

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Further ideas for auto-detection:

Add a Chaos ability to the test heroes to morph them to a testing form that has attack which initiates and hits near-instantly. Primary attribute is preserved; however, so are abilities, which might intefere eg. crit strike. Give them some ability or form of attack that overrides any other orb/buff placing effect (eg. Searing Arrows or detect an impact from a secondary projectile of Barrage). Create 3 tester heroes thusly, modifying each stat immensely (to overshadow any random dice value) and see which does the most damage.

Untested.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
this probably will stop the hero from doing anything util the process over, don't?

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Add a Chaos ability to the test heroes

You have to create dummy heroes at the map initialization/map start and do what weep said. That's not instant, it's true, but will work (I've already made a main stat detection thing like that, but I've lost it)

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Then what is the advantage of doing so?

If you'll need to register the Id of each hero to register the Main when Map Initialize, why should it create multiple heroes to attack multiple target instead of just register one number?

Weep

Reaction score
If you'll need to register the Id of each hero to register the Main when Map Initialize
Why would you have to do that? Run the test off in a blank side area of the map for each hero type unit existing at map init, and again when a unit enters the map area, if it has not already been tested.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
@Weep

well, theres a problem, people will need to use a blank area in the map just for it?

Like, an AoS, they should create an area just to test it?

Weep

Reaction score
Sure. Write in the documentation that for automatic detection, it requires an empty region outside the camera bounds, X large. It's the same sort of requirement a lot of inventory systems have.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Hmm, probably I'll leave the current one and the automatic too in one library.

Will work on it when I have time (problems with my forum right now).

Thx Weep.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
I'm editing it right now but I need a suggestion about something...

How should I use the register, because it is 'instantly' and, the auto-detect way ins't.

So, any suggestion?

Weep

Reaction score
How should I use the register, because it is 'instantly' and, the auto-detect way ins't.
Return 0 if not registered, provide a function call that accepts a callback that occurs once it finishes registering?

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Still haven some problem with it but i'll still trying :p

probably today or tomorrow I get this to work right

EDIT EDIT: Well, done. All work but with some problem, the first 1 second, you can't get the Main Attribute (because the timer use this period to get the damage.)

Will post it soon :p

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Double Post.

Updated. Version 5.0

Now auto register it (thx Weep and Sevion) and got more functions (BlackRose suggestions).

Feedbacks?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I just thought of something...

Have 4 test units. 1 has default stats. The three test units have an insanely high amount of their testing stat. I.E. Str Tester has like 99999999 str. Have them attack dummies with a huge amount of life. Whichever one has the highest damage dealt/kills the dummy should have the main attribute.

However, how you have it now should work perfectly fine.

JASS:
    // The X/Y wheres you'll use to test the damage. This should
    private constant real    TEST_X             = 2500.
    private constant real    TEST_Y             = 2500.

The comment is cut off in the documentation. The TEST_X and TEST_Y should be set to map max or map min coordinates instead. This will make it so users won't have to do anything extra to change it to that since it would default to that corner already. This will also help with those pesky "Show Damage Dealt" systems that have texttags showing damage.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Sevion, about the comment Lol i forget what i should write |: probably "This should be set in a existent area" or idk.

But the X/Y don't care much, the dummies don't have shadows either model or life bar (selection aoe = -0.01)

I made it configurable just if you want to change it to prevent something.. like remove death corps of some area and etc.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Only problem with it is that the 0, 1, 2 thing is rather unsettling. Provide some constants at the top, please.

JASS:
// I don't know if these are right.
globals
  constant integer ATTRIBUTE_STRENGTH = 0
  constant integer ATTRIBUTE_AGILITY = 1
  constant integer ATTRIBUTE_INTELLIGENCE = 2
endglobals

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome. This is muy helpful for AoSae.

Approved.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I'm running into problems with this system.

When I register a unit to this system, it creates 6 Tauren Chieftain ('Otch') units at a spot on my map. :confused:

I also noticed a couple of things:

Shouldn't

JASS:
library MAC requires AIDS

be =>

JASS:
library MAC requires AIDS, TimerUtils

??

Also,

JASS:
// ~ Importing ~
//
// To import this System you'll need:
// - Chaos Ability MAC (Ability used to morph the heroes.)
// - Dummy MAC (Unit used to take damage.)
// - Chaos MAC (Unit used to be morphed.)
//
// Then you'll need to copy the AIDS and Key Timer 2 if you don't have it yet.
// Copy this Trigger to your map and configure it below to your map.
//

This says I need Key Timer 2? I thought the system was using TimerUtils.

Anyway, I want to use this system, it looks awesome. But I don't want 6 random tauren heroes on my map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.