Make a Ai use a custom hero

digifox

Reaction score
I am try to get a ai to use a custom hero and custom ability's i created. I read the Following:

AI - Basics and Triggers
Tutorial By XXXconanXXX

Introduction

This tutorial shows a wide variety of orders and functions, controlling any unit with no control over a player.

Gettings unit to cast custom abilities

There are 3 ways to go about doing this. The first is using the basic GUI functions, and ordering the unit the order string of the spell. Depending on what type of spell your using, if your usin a no target ability like Locust Swarm, or a targetable ability like blink, then you would use one of the three actions, "Unit - Issue Order Targeting a Point", "Unit - Issue Order Targeting a Unit", "Unit - Issue Order With No Target". So for something like Locust Swarm, we would use the action "Issue Order With No Target; Order <Your Unit> to Undead Crypt Lord - Locust Swarm". For abilities like Frost Nova, we would use "Issue Order Targeting a Unit; Order <Your Unit> to Undead Lich - Frost Nova <Your other Unit>". The other way is to order your unit the Raw Code of the ability, by making a dummy trigger with your functions, and using the action "Issue Order Targeting" with any spell in it's place, then converting it to Custom Text. Then, you would go to the Object Editor, hit ctrl + D, find your spell, and copy that code, then paste it where it has the spell in your dummy trigger.

Lastly, you can go to the AI Editor (Module->AI Editor) and create a new dummy AI Script. Then, you can go to the Object Editor, go to File->Export all Object Data", and go back to the AI Editor. There, you go under Custom Data:" and add your Object Data. YOu can remove all checks, all waves, everything else, then go to File->Add to Map and then it will be in your Import Manager. Then, you can go to the Import Manager (Module->Import Manager) and remove the "AI Data". After that, in your Map Initlization rigger, add the action "Run Melee AI Script" and add your new script there. This will order each computer you have that you ran the script for, custom abilities.

But I Don't understand.I am not a total newb at editor but i would like some clear help that others can use as well with out any problems understanding THX:):thup:.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess the answer is not here as nobody ever replied to this. It shows up on the logs so it is still a question that is unanswered! Hate that stuff!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.