Make any unit indestructible

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
So, I want to be able to make any unit indestructible (by adding abilities or whatever). Basically, the unit should not be able to die under any game mechanic. Assume that every ability that exists in WarCraft III (transmute, finger of death, etc.) can be used, and that attackers deal an infinite amount of damage.

Any ideas? All I've got is add a million hit points and a million hit points regeneration, but that doesn't stop infinite damage or certain spells like transmute (any others?).

B0ndo

Reaction score
Add the ability Invulnerablity? That makes the unit completely unkillable.

Narks

Reaction score
Oh, forgot to say that the unit needs to be able to be attacked and targeted by spells.

B0ndo

Reaction score
The unit may not be able to die but must be able to be attacked?

Give the unit shit loads of health and make a trigger that gives the unit full life if it gets below 99% health.

Reaction score
I don't get what should happen if instant-kill abilities are used like Finger of Death on such a unit. Can you explain how this ability will be used?

B0ndo

Reaction score
I might understand you wrong mate, but this seems to be rather simple. As i said give the unit a billion life and then add this trigger:

Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Your Unit Here
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Attacked unit) to 100.00%

And in case you got any "instant kill" spell add this trigger:

Trigger:
  • Trigger 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Your Unit Here
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) for (Owner of (Dying unit)) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Remove (Dying unit) from the game

Narks

Reaction score
Giving the unit a lot of health won't help if it is attacked by a unit with more damage then it has health. I'm looking for a more elegant solution, such as reducing all incoming damage to 0.

The main problem, though, is stuff like Transmute. I was hoping there might be a stock ability that prevents instakills, or maybe a way to change the unit's level to make it too high to transmute, or something...

B0ndo

Reaction score
I don't understand why any units would have that high amount of damage, but anyway. Making a back-up trigger (Trigger 2 i showed you) would make a new unit at the position of the dead unit but it will quickly swap the dying unit with a new unit with 100% health without you even notice it, it's not possible to reduce the incoming dmg by 100% i think, i was trying to do something similar by adding +5 damage to the unit. But that has nothing to do with your problem, so this is not a work around for you.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Just make sure that the unit has a higher level than the maximum limit of transmute, and make a trigger to set its health to 100% whenever it takes damage.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Give it a 0-second-cooldown, 0-second-delay version of Reincarnation?

That's the only guaranteed way I know to make a unit "unkillable" but still targetable by all spells and damage.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
@Weep He could use the events - A unit is attacked, and a unit begins to cast an ability to trigger it, just simply take the unit, check its damage, using some library that I cannot recall, or, play the units attack animation, but don't deal the damage, its like for spells that will kill, just play the units animation, and create a dummy for the unit to use it on.

educator

Reaction score
been away from the editor 4 a while, for damage reduction u can use the "hardened skin" ability (not sure if that is what it was called, mountain giants have it) if modified could reduce incoming damage to 0. to prevent certain spells from being cast on it, maybe if there are not many 1 hit kill abilities, trigger it so that when that unit type is targeted by the spell(s) (another unit casts the ability on it) it stops the caster, creates a dummy unit and re-orders the caster to target the dummy

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
@Educator the dummy was my idea in the first place. And Hardened Skin wouldn't work for 9999999999999999999 damage.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
the best way to what you want... is use some Damage Detect System, block all incoming damage

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Damage Detect wouldn't work. Hell I'd go as far to say that'd be stupid to do. As Damage Detection would cause the unit to take the damage, then it would trigger.

Narks

Reaction score
I think damage detection adds a +absurd amount of HP whenever damage is dealt in order to "block" it. So it could be beaten by an absurd amount of damage...

I don't think there is a solution here, so I'm going to go with +absurd HP, +absurd HP regeneration, and a 0 second reincarnation ability.

B0ndo

Reaction score
I think triggering the reviving would be better than doing it through an ability, depending on what you're looking for ofcourse.

Narks

Reaction score
Well I'm pretty sure Reincarnation stops the unit from firing a death event.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Note at B0ndo.
So you're saying he should trigger it? Heres what he would need to save.
Items - Attributes - Level - Experience - Skills - and X/Y

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.