Make "chain-lighting" style weapon!

Mr.Kook

Reaction score
yes,you know what i mean! I want to make "chain-lighting" style weapon (shooting lighting bolt at a unit and then lighting bolt will jump to next unit and next unit,do damage smaller and smaller..)

i want to make weapon (laser) of Void Ray unit follow this style,but because the weapon is laser ray so it won't "jump-jump" like lighting bolt but the ray will stay still at each target until Void Ray stop fire!

I'm into advanced editor,i know it can be done through data editor but i need some help,hints or samples to start with!
thanks!

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I'm probably going to take up the editor very soon, but untill then, you should check out the Mutalisks weapon. As far as I remember, it starts with a launch missile effect, which impacts with a set effect, launching a search and a damage effect, which will then search for a new target within the range.

I think the damage effect applies a mark on the unit, which makes it unable to hit the same target twice using a validator named "No Markers".

It's pretty simple to make, but I'll take a look into it as soon as I get the time to open the editor.

There is some problems (I dont know if they're still there) making behaviors that increases attack damage, only increased the first impacts damage. But I dont know it still persists, and I'll have to look into that :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.