Make hero not-move able temporarely?

BcBoy

Reaction score
*SOLVED*

Some of my spells have a "cast time" due to animations etc. During this moment i will make the player not able to move the hero for 1 second or similiar.

My first idéa was Locust, but it will be annoying to the gameplay if the hero get's de-selected everytime they cast their ultimate spell.

My second thought was to temporarily set their movementspeed to 0, but the hero could still move. Only slower.

I've looked trho the trigger-actions but can't find any good.

zxczxzczx

Reaction score
set the unit minimum movespeed at the gameplay constant to 0.

then use this:

"My second thought was to temporarily set their movementspeed to 0"

Lord Regno

Reaction score
You can set speed mode on 0 but to do that you have to change it in Advanced -> Gameplay constants -> Movement -> Unit speed- Minimum, you have to hold in shift and then click on it or ells you can't change it to 0.

One more thing is to

Trigger:
  • Unit - Pause (Attacking unit)
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Unit - Unpause (Attacking unit)

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Better yet. Make a dummy unit cast acid bomb with with -1 or -100 movespeed that should work.
Regno i hate using pause and unpause because you cant use your units durrin that time.

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Better then every other solution: Use Channel and leave the disable other abilities to true. Then make a dummy unit and spell and do what you want to. This way it stays in your control but can not be ordered to move / attack and anything else ^^

BcBoy

Reaction score
Better then every other solution: Use Channel and leave the disable other abilities to true. Then make a dummy unit and spell and do what you want to. This way it stays in your control but can not be ordered to move / attack and anything else ^^

DOH! Why didn't i think of that! Hah... sometimes the solution is easier then you think...

Thanks all for reply. Will test different methods out first thing i do tomorrow. ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.